All Point Of Success users

Ric_Clint

By reading some of the topics on this board, it seems there is alot of happy customers that use the Point Of Success software…

So my question is what are some of the PROS and some of the CONS to this software from your experiences?

And is there really anything that Point Of Success CANT DO… that companies like Revention, PDQ, and Prism CAN DO?

Thanks!

Last edited:
We’re quite happy with our P.O.S. choice. I don’t do deliveries so I’ve not even looked to see if it captures all the phone in/delivery data to build the mailing list like so many other pizza only shops compile. We are doing fine with it though for running a 100 seat full-service restaurant, Pub with 30+ craft brews and some nice local area wines. Our menu consists of the gamut from pizzas (of course), burgers, a few sub style sandwiches, several salads, then into pastas, chops, and steaks.

We found it exceptionally easy to get our menu programmed, super easy to maintain, I can update pricing, food costs and special with just a few keystrokes. It options MANY times more reports than I will ever envision needing in my place. The biggest plus may be the ease at which our staff of all ages “took” to it and the fact Point of Success maintains their own extensive forum online. Cons…I’ll have to get back to you…

Last edited:
I have been happy with the software and service provided by the staff at Inborne Technology Corporation (Point of Success). There are somethings that I wish the software could do but realize those things come at a price.

The online ordering has been my biggest stumbling block. The service is not truly integrate into the software but is provided through Big Holler by way of an interface. This can cause some difficulty with matching up various aspects of the system as a whole. That being said most problems can be worked around.

In general the system is easy to program. If you are or have someone that is computer savvy the hardware setup is also very easy. Hardware does not need to be a big financial burden as generic PCs do a fine job of running the program.

If used to its full potential this software can be the most cost effective advertising tool you have. There are marketing reports and loyalty programs that will pay for the system many times over.

One of the things that puts Point of Success on the front line for many is the fact they have a user forum where you can go to get answers to just about anything to do with the system. There are users that can help with special reports, modifying receipt, give advice on setting up discounts, and any number of other issues you may come across.

Last edited:
I am a big advocate of Point of Success for those who have at least a little comfort working with spreadsheets/databases and hardware, and desire to have flexibility to fix programming issues on the fly. Pricing issues are fixed in 2.5 minutes . . . new menu item in maybe 5 minutes . . . . topping button malfunctions usually less than a minute. It is not for the squeemish of timid. The software is very intuitive, and the user forum is invaluable for fine tuning processes and setups. There are lots of us out here who pay it forward in terms of building the POSuccess community.

Built 3-station system for under $2500 bucks (had a couple monitors die earl on). the free version of the software is a possible way to find out if it is what you want . . . but it will have even less functionality than the POSuccess premium that you want to test drive. Run it for 30 day trial and see for yourself. All the high dollar “turn-key” systems are new/warranted equipment, installed, trained on, menu programmed, etc. You get to do all that yourself to save the cash.

The work comes in maintaining the hardware. The one drawback to consider is that YOU are the 24/7 technical support team for the machines. That means very little 95% of the time. It means some printer and peripheral issues a couple times a year. And, 1 in a long while, you will get a catastrophic failure of hardware. You gotta have the plan in place on how to manage it, or you get some trouble. I’m talking about a printer that won’t print, or a monitor goes down, or a power supply fries out. These are all rather minor to the person who has some familiarity and has a plan. I only mention it because it is a consideration to take seriously. I’ve had precious little downtime in 3 years, and never more than one station for longer than 30 minutes. I’m that good 😉 (or lucky) I use really old technology, refurbs with bare minimum bells and whistles. Mine even still have a 2.5" floppy drive on them. Chugging right along.

Last edited:
I don’t have any hands-on experience with P.O.Success but I have seen clients working with self-supported software and contract supported hardware.

Your local dealers won’t jump for joy that you want hardware-only support, but they do have spare hardware kicking around and usually won’t turn down a reasonable support contract.

The only people who shouldn’t consider this would be folks that have the hardware skills to make repairs, or spare hardware onsite to swap out. In most cases spare hardware can cost less than a support contract, but someone still has to have the time and skill available to make repairs.

Last edited:
Back