Continue to Site

An Oily Afternoon

wa_dave

Just sharing with you my great joy of an afternoon - OILING NEW PANS !!! :x

Needed to do aniother 2 dozen that I’ve had in the store room.
Half way through and eyes are burning, air is full of oily smoke and I HATE DOING IT !!! :twisted:

Dave

Last edited:
We bought one of these as a joke for one of the staff that teared up every time she prepped onions. It came in handy last time I seasoned pans.

Last edited:
Only washed down the hood and walls behind the oven the week before last now have to do it again :cry:

Last edited:
That’s the “bummer” part of using non-anodized pans. Don’t feel too bad about it though, we even set off the smoke alarm system one time. That provided the incentive to change over to the anodized pans. Since then we’ve only had to do an occasional screen, but even with screens, we are building an inventory of Hex Disks which never need to be seasoned. Also, be sure your people are trained to NEVER soak your seasoned pans or screens in hot, soapy water as this will cause the seasoning to peel off like a bad sunburn, not good for the customer, and a lot of extra work for us as the pans will then need to be completely stripped of their old seasoning and reseasoned all over again. UGH!
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Tho I’ve done the ‘oil’ routine in the past, we’ve used a spray release with much less smoke…spray each time thru the conveyor…3x - bingo

Last edited:
I wonder if you could add a little flavoring to the oil and make the smoke smell great. We have a Chinese place next to us and when they have the stove cranking the entire parking lot is filled with the aroma of whatever is sizzling in the wok. More than once I have been tempted by that aroma. 😃

Last edited:
After the first two run throughs the smell disappeared so all was well.
Good point one of my staff got “initiated” into what it like to season screens. Stopped him whinging about minor things. 😃
All dione for another couple of years.

Dave

Last edited:
wa dave:
Good point one of my staff got “initiated” into what it like to season screens. Stopped him whinging about minor things. 😃

Dave
Seasoning the screens . . . and cleaning the grease interceptor . . . “Dude, quit whining and wash the dishes”

Last edited:
48.png
NicksPizza:
wa dave:

Dave
Seasoning the screens . . . and cleaning the grease interceptor . . . “Dude, quit whining and wash the dishes”
Nah. Leave that to the lowly underpaid ripped off lazy drivers to do. 😉
Now waiting for THE RSEPONSE 😃
Dave

Last edited:
Back