Continue to Site

Another divider rounder question!

abrown3935

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am looking at getting a divider/rounder, I need to make around 800 dough balls a day.

I, of course, want a Scale o Matic s300, but I can’t find one for under $10,000. I came across this on ebay, but I can’t find ANY information on it anywhere. Check out the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOUGH-DIVIDER-ROUNDER-FOR-BAKERIES-AND-PIZZA-MADE-IN-ITALY-/181563472941
If anyone knows the company or product, please let me know if you think it is any good! If someone has an idea about some alternatives, please chime in.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
It says that the max size doughball is 280 grams, which I believe to be 10 ounces. Makes it too small for my smallest pizza.

Just food for thought, on our busiest days we are making 800ish dough balls and we just use an A and M R-900 rounder. We’re making dough batches with 100Lbs of flour and 2 people can scale and tray the dough as fast as our spiral mixer will mix the next batch. 800 dough balls(8 batches of dough) would take two people close to 2.5 hours start to finish including cleaning the mixer and rounder.

Last edited:
Should’ve included more info. We only use 6.75oz dough balls, so this would actually work if it is a decent piece of equipment. I’ve got to be honest, I am very intrigued by the possibility of just using a rounder, but I am torn by the cost. An R-900 is the same price as the unit I linked, but only has half the function.

Last edited:
If you’re only doing 6.75 oz dough balls, it would take a lot longer to scale by hand than it does for my 24oz dough balls. If I was in your shoes, I would certainly be looking at a divider rounder. At $8500 delivered, I would take my chance with this machine. My experience with a used S300 as well as a used S250(divider only) we’re not great so that probably weighs into my opinion.

Last edited:
Hi Abrown

The import unit you are looking at is vastly different in operation than a Scale O Mattic but would work ok for your size operation.

The Scale O Matic Takes much longer to clean and is more suitable to vastly larger operations…

Units like the one you mentioned are made in the USA by http://dutchessbakers.com/ and are available used.

George Mills

Last edited:
George,

Thanks for the reply. How is it different than the Scale o Matic? Would this machine be accurate? or should I not even bother?

I was browsing around the duchess site, didn’t find anything similar with a hopper that will divide and round.

I would love to buy a scale o matic, but I can’t seem to find one in that price range.

Last edited:
The import model appears to work the same as the Dutchess units.
You put a measured amount of dough in the pan provided The head of the unit comes down and it’s cutter blades cut the dough into the size selected than it goes into rounding mode and rounds the dough into balls. The unit is very accurate . This type unit is in use in most bakeries. Often just in the cutting configuration and the rounding is often done by hand.

Last edited:
The Scale O Matic produces 2000 dough balls per hour if you need that type of production.

The Duchess U nit produces much less see operating a Dutghess dough divider rounder - AOL Video Search Results

George Mills

Last edited:
Right, I have seen those before. That production speed seems too slow for my uses. I’ll be using it for 800-1000 dough balls a day, and I hope to out grow that quickly. I think I am going to go for the originally linked one. It seems like a gimpy scale-o-matic, but will work for the price point.

George, you have been extremely helpful. Thanks so much for the advice.

Last edited:
I was looking at the same divider rounder from Italy, but they do not have NSF (or other similar) certification. So it would not fly with health department.
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am looking at getting a divider/rounder, I need to make around 800 dough balls a day.

I, of course, want a Scale o Matic s300, but I can’t find one for under $10,000. I came across this on ebay, but I can’t find ANY information on it anywhere. Check out the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOUGH-DIVIDER-ROUNDER-FOR-BAKERIES-AND-PIZZA-MADE-IN-ITALY-/181563472941
If anyone knows the company or product, please let me know if you think it is any good! If someone has an idea about some alternatives, please chime in.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
George;
Correct me if I’m wrong but with a 6.75-ounce scaling weight the Dutchess should cut and round 18-pieces in a single press (a little over 7.5-pounds of dough for each press). 1000 divided by 18 = 55/56-presses. Assuming 1-press per minute (can actually do two per minute) that would be about 1-hour of production time to make (divide and round) 1,000-pieces). Can ABROWN3935 produce approximately 425-pounds of dough per hour to keep up this production rate? Ideally, you want to be able to process the dough at essentially the same rate that you’re making it. The only extras required would be a few extra platens.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
I’ve seen this eBay shop as well. They have sheeters and even a press that looks like the Cuppone Pizza Form. All at more reasonable prices. To me, this looked like a better option for rounding…I like the way the balls look a bit more.

I’m also exploring a divider/rounder combo. Hopefully something that won’t cost an arm and a leg. I’m not a huge fan of the machines that require you to press a portion of dough onto a tray, then you pull the lever and it divides and rounds.

What are some affordable but reliable options?
I was looking at the same divider rounder from Italy, but they do not have NSF (or other similar) certification. So it would not fly with health department.

Last edited:
Let’s say, 2k for each component.

I see a lot of rounders or dividers for 5-6k and, for some of the Italian ones, 12k + is not uncommon.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Starpizza rounder too, but again NSF certification was missing…
I’ve seen this eBay shop as well. They have sheeters and even a press that looks like the Cuppone Pizza Form. All at more reasonable prices. To me, this looked like a better option for rounding…I like the way the balls look a bit more.

I’m also exploring a divider/rounder combo. Hopefully something that won’t cost an arm and a leg. I’m not a huge fan of the machines that require you to press a portion of dough onto a tray, then you pull the lever and it divides and rounds.

What are some affordable but reliable options?

Last edited:
Hi guys, not sure how this ended up but http://erikarecord.com/dividerrounders/ has a wide range of divider/rounders with electrical and sanitation certifications.

They are manufactured in Germany and fully supportered for over 25 years out of Clifton, NJ.

Full disclosure, I am from the company. But wanted to share that their are alternatives out there. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post here or not. If I have stepped out of bounds I apologize.

Best regards
Dan

Last edited:
Back