Continue to Site

ANY IDEAS???

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

hey guys,

I want to know if there is a special tool like pliers that you can use to take pizza that are on screens out of the oven. These are flat screens. I can’t use the peel because of space issue. Currently I am using tongs and it is very unstable…sometimes I’ve dropped it on the floor. So I want to know if there is a special tool available to grip flat screens?

I got nothing earth shattering to suggest other than a 24" to 30" long peel. Heck, get one and cut down the handle until it is short enough. Two pair of tongs might work, but I gotta think that you have enough room for a short peel . . . even just the aluminum part without a wooden handle insert.

Last edited:
48.png
NicksPizza:
even just the aluminum part without a wooden handle insert.
This is what the employees use at one of my stores. They have plenty of room… they are just all completely insane.

Last edited:
It could work with pan grippers. Use hot-gloves . . . the ceiling of that oven gonna be awfully hot. 500F metal and flesh means “cooking”.

Last edited:
Aren’t the tongs hard to work with when you have to reach over the front pizzas to remove a pizza in the back of the oven? Or, maybe you’re using an air impingement oven? In any case, go to <www.lloydpans.com> they have just what you are looking for, it is a pair of tongs that has a larger, flat base and a smaller top, just prefect for grabbing screens.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back