Continue to Site

anyone else run Blodgett Deck ovens!!update!! see new post

pgaks2

we run 4 Blodgett deck ovens 1050s i believe(whichever are the largest) i just had our oven repair guy out to
replace a saftey valve(little red button you push to light ovens) and he said Blodgett was discontinuing the safety valves. anyone else hear this??? anyone already scrap there safety valves??

I know about 3 years ago when we got our second set of ovens there was a recall on the safety valves at the time and we had to jumpstart our ovens with a blowtorch to fool the safety valve into letting the oven light.

any insight from the oven gurus would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

sheb

Last edited:
Re: anyone else run Blodgett Deck ovens

Hi Pgaks:

I have no knowledge regarding the discontinuance of those valves.

I will see what I can find out for you.

George Mills

Last edited:

thank you George, like i said any help would be appreciated.
sheb

Last edited:

Hi Pgak:

Sorry it took so long to reply. Got busy trying to make a living.

I spoke to a parts company here in Michigan They said they did not know of those units being discontinued.

If you want to order that item phone A&R at 586-758-4440 ask for parts. Have your oven model and serial number ready.

George Mills

Last edited:

thanks for the info George, im slowly learning to repair my own ovens, so far it seem darn near the same as the boiler in my house.

sheb

Last edited:

I just had a distressing experience with my Blodgett deck oven (electric) and getting parts. One of the switches (lo-med-high) went out and the repairman had trouble finding the part because Blodgett said they were no longer making that part. WHAT??? He eventually found one at a secondary parts house at a greatly inflated price and meanwhile we spent the weekend trying to cook in our lower oven (my cooks are all sore from all that bending but I’m thankful I had a second oven!) until the part showed up Monday.

In the meantime I called Blodgett myself to see what they were planning to do about this problem (since I’m sure if one of the four switches breaks, the others will follow eventually) and was shocked to find that I’m not the only one who has called to complain, but the company hasn’t made much effort to find alternative places to get these parts made. Has anyone else experienced this with Blodgett?? What other parts are going missing (such as the original poster to this thread) and what can we do to resolve it? I bought my ovens new in 2001 and was hoping they would have a good long life, but now I’m not so sure. But you gotta have an oven to make pizza!!! :x

Last edited:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh :roll:

Thanks George. However, now what do we do?? I’m not wanting to change out my ovens any time soon even if perhaps they think this will force us to change. :x

Last edited:

Hi Marbles:

There are several companies that supply various parts for equipment.

Look up WWW.hfse.com on the net.

George Mills

Last edited:
Re: anyone else run Blodgett Deck ovens!!update!! see new po

so I emailed blodgett, and talked to Dan Coli, and they said they plan to discontinue the safety valves(part#11523), i emailed Dan back and asked what they planned to do once the backstock of parts is gone. and i recieved a automated email saying Dan was out of the Office till december 2nd. thats all i know for now, i will continue updating as i know more.

sheb

Last edited:

That’s why I bought an oven that uses standard parts. I don’t want this situation in the future.

Last edited:

Thing is, when you spend $10,000 or so on ovens from a company that brags about being 160 years old (give or take a few years) and will always be there for you with dependability, it kind of sucks when they decide to stop making parts. WT#$%%^^??! I bought my ovens new in 2001 and I’ve had about three or four repair calls so far, which isn’t a good track record on something that has no moving parts.

We had a second heat indicator switch start to act up and my oven repair man almost clobbered me. (He went off to try to find another switch but I haven’t heard from him and it’s been over a week.) We just don’t touch those switches anymore and use the thermostat for off and on. But what about when that part breaks?? And $600 for a stupid heat switch is highway robbery if you ask me…

So maybe if all us Blodgett owners band together in a class action email, maybe they’ll listen???

:roll:

Last edited:
Dewar's Pizza Bakery:
That’s why I bought an oven that uses standard parts. I don’t want this situation in the future.
what isn’t standard about a saftey check valve? every furnace, boiler, gas stove has one.(its the part attached to the Thermister, that tells opens the gas flow to the burners when the pilot light is on.

sheb

Last edited:
60.png
pgaks2:
Dewar's Pizza Bakery:
what isn’t standard about a saftey check valve? every furnace, boiler, gas stove has one.(its the part attached to the Thermister, that tells opens the gas flow to the burners when the pilot light is on.sheb
Well, what’s not standard about the motors, gears, and other parts? They often just aren’t so the manufacturer can make money off parts instead of you getting them off the shelf.

Last edited:

Hi guys:

Parts are one of most companies profit streams. Oven companies do not usually make the vast majority of the replaceable components of their ovens. They basically make the cabinet. The controls, motors, drive chains, conveyor chains if conveyor ovens, are buy outs and they package them in a stainless steel cabinet.

Most of the parts are quite common and if the buyer knew the maker could be found at companies like Granger and other companies.

Most of the old line oven makers have authorized service agencies. By designating one company in an area the authorized service agent they can get them to buy and maintain a substantial parts inventory. common items are private labeled concealing the manufacturer so the buyer has to come back to the maker for parts.

The above is not illegal or dishonorable conduct. A company is within its rights to maximize its profits.

Some of the newer manufacturers Like XLT and Pesi do not private label their parts and do not restrict service to one authorized service company.

George Mills

Last edited:
George Mills:
Some of the newer manufacturers Like XLT and Pesi do not private label their parts and do not restrict service to one authorized service company.
Diagnosing a problem can sometimes be a problem, but most of the parts are really easy to replace. So glad we have a XLT!

Last edited:
Back