Continue to Site

Anyone have a good dough recipe for thiiiiiiin crust pizza?

rookiepizzaguy

Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone out there has a really good recipe for a suuuuper thin pizza crust. I was recently approached by a food supplier who showed me a really nice product. The product was a super thin pizza crust. The crust came pre packaged in packs of 100- 10 inch crusts. The crusts had the consistency and appearance of a corn tortilla but cooked up very nicely at 500 for 4 minutes. I really liked the finished product and would like to add it to my menu, my only concern is the cost of the dough skins…each 10" crust costs approximately $1.30…in my book, that is pretty costly…considering I could probably charge between $7 and $9 for the pizzas. Just wondering if anyone out there is making their own crusts similar to the one I descibed.

And…THANK YOU all in advance!!! I cant say enough how much I appreciate all the comments and information you all share here.

Last edited:
Re: Anyone have a good dough recipe for thiiiiiiin crust piz

For a super thin (you will need a sheeter to make this one) crust as well as a super crispy crust, take a look in the RECIPE BANK at my Chicago style thin crust formula and procedure. Some people have referred to this as a lavash type crust too.
Lately, we have baked pizzas on these crusts in an air impingement oven in about 5-minutes.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:

Hi Tom,

I just e-mailed Jeff about this but haven’t heard back yet so I thought I’d post here. What type of pans do you recommend for that thin crust in an impingement oven?

Last edited:

When Jeff and I did the work we had excellent results with the new, hex pans for Lloyd Pans <www.lloydpans.com>. Don’t use the Hearth Bake Disks, as they are not appropriate for this specific application.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:

Thanks Tom!

Last edited:

We call this St. Louis style. It is a thin and crispy crust and provel cheese is the cheese we use.

We par bake our own thin crust (use a dough roller to roll em) and then add topping and bake on screen. final bake is directly on deck.

They won’t stay crispy in the box but they are good. Even better cold. :lol:

Last edited:
Back