Anyone integrating Toast w/ Doordash using Chowly?

tkelly248

I have an issue doing so, they say my menu is to deep, and want me to slice a level ouf it. To do that, I’d need to list all the toppings as Whole (30 items) Right (30) and Left (30). That make a possible 90 items that my users would have to scroll through. I’m trying to design this menu so that I don’t have to do that.

I have Speedline and used Chowly with Grubhub and that’s how it was set up. Whole Toppings, Left Half Toppings, Right Half Toppings. I don’t think it has anything to do with Toast. The way Chowly works is it maps your Doordash Item names with your Toast Item names so it needs to match what ever someone chooses on Doordash with an item or modifier in Toast.

I get that, but if I do that, I have 30 toppings that can go on pizzas. if I do Whole, Left, Right, that make my toast menu (and others that map from it, which how Chowly does it now) 90 items deep. That’s a sure fire way to piss of a customer, having to scroll to the bottom to add feta to the Right side of a pizza…

I’m working with them to devise a scheme to flatten the menu without the problem I just described, but it doesn’t look promising.\

I don’t think the customer would be upset. I’m sure there are other place on the DoorDash platform that have a wide variety of toppings that have to list them the same way. I’ve also noticed around me that a lot of the places only offer a full topping option on DoorDash. This could also be that they were added without permission as DoodDash likes to do. What if you started by adding only your top selling and list them in order from the most popular to least popular

I had to set up my Chownow ordering site how you describe whole 1st half 2nd half

It was really tedious and redundant and I would have liked to had a more efficient way of doing it

Make sure all topping lists are in the same order for whole 1st half 2nd half.

My customers didnt care, I dont think yours will either

Just contacted Chowly about possible integration. Anyone still using it? Pros and cons? Were you able to convert these third party customers to your regular OLO site? Im using Speedline

Thanks

Steve

Last edited:
What are you integrating? I didnt think you used third parties

When I had Speedline for that brief time
I was going to use Chowly. It never materialized but they seemed very good. I liked how speedline wasnt going to charge me to allow
Chowly integration

I do have Speedline. Just looking at some more options to get even busier and try to convert those customers to our site. I see it basically as a marketing play. I have a call set up with Chowly tomorrow but haven’t talked to any of the actual 3rd parties yet.

Last edited:
I still use it. It makes tablet hell go away. Still need tablets to correct orders from customers. Grubhub now is fully automated using your Toast menu, which is good and bad. It automatically cascades changes, but cannot pull you menu images over too. You used to be able to edit your GrubHub menu to upload images, but, no longer, you need to work with GrubHub to do that. I’m finishing my books right now, buy plan on setting up capturing more 3rd party orders for my site soon.

So if I go through grubhub I can’t edit the order that was placed on their site, integrated through Chowly and in my actual POS?

You can fix an order in the app, you can’t mark something out of stock in GH just your toast app. It then gets synced to GH but not real time

Back