Continue to Site

Bakers Pride 151

Hi, I just picked up 2 BP 151’s and have been trying to look up any and all info on these compact ovens. Anyone out there using these? I am a mobile pizza trailer owner. Thanks

Last edited:
I use y600s. Pretty much the same idea but smaller I think… What questions do you have?

Last edited:
As far as energy efficiency goes the y600 burn 140,000 btu and the 151s are 48,000 btu.

As far as floor space and overall cooking efficiency goes I’m sure a deck oven in a trailer would work well for a slice operation (reheating method).

The deck size is 36"w x 24.5"d so that will tell you how many pies you can fit. So if you did 10" pizzas you could crank out 6 comfortably per deck or more with some skilled arranging. Our bake time is between 7 and 10 minutes at 550 degrees on the y600 and I’m sure the 151 would cook the same. Faster if you hit 600+. Not sure what your plans are though as far as slices or full pies so that’s all the advice I can give.

I don’t know much about mobile operations either so I can’t help much there other than saying that if you can can afford to wait 7-12 minutes to cook however many pizzas or slices you can physically fit on those decks, you will be happy. If you need more space and/or faster bakes I’d look at a something else.

Last edited:
I do food truck events, festivals, business parks, breweries etc
I have a GP51 right now and it works great but slows us down when we’re slammed - only cooking 2 - 19" pies at a time (and reheating slices in the corners.) I want to double my output, however now I’ll have to go with slightly smaller pies 18" vs 19" but I’ll get 4 baking at once vs 2.

Last edited:
My saving grace has been baking pies ahead of serving time and reheating. I just prefer to have fresher pizza for folks…i usually consider an hour to be old pizza. I can only bake 12-13 an hour now.

Last edited:
Back