Bakers pride y600

I have four bakers pride y600 pizza ovens. Three of my ovens run exactly the same throttling up and down and idling. My 4th oven ramps up and down on demand but when it idles the flame is far less than the other three. This oven has lackluster performance and seems like it’s always slouching. And I’m convinced it’s because of how it idles. On the thermostat there’s two set screws one on the top and one on the bottom. I’m sure the one of those adjusts how the oven idols when it’s up to temp? Does anyone know any info on the set screws and which one does what? All my parts are OEM so the thermostat should come preset from the factory specs. The v valve’s the thermostat and even the orifices are fairly new within the last year. All OEM!!! The stones are about 20 years old…do old stones loose performance? how do I adjust how the oven idols and why on this particular oven over the years it wants to idle less than the others! Deuces!

Last edited:
Very interested in hearing responses on the Y600s. I have four in storage and am looking to open in the next few months. From George and others responses the Y600s are the cadillac of deck ovens, but definitely a dying breed of us that are still working with decks. Any trouble shooting tips on these models are gold for me.

Last edited:
Back