Continue to Site

Best of both world's?

Patriot_sPizza

I know we’ve briefly touched on the conveyor oven from Picard before, but has anyone really seen/used it?

It would seem to satisfy those wanting conveyor convenience but a deck-like cook/finish…

George & Daddio? They’re from your part of the world…any input?

I understand a franchise in Phiily uses/used them…

The spec sheet would seem to indicate no “convection fingres” but deck type vent controls…

The reason I ask is a guy wants me to help him install a used oven he picked & set him up in business…

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
The only time I have seen one was at Pizza Expo. I have no idea on the baking properties.

Last edited:
There’s a company here that uses them and advertise “stone fired pizza”. My wife and I ate there once and have made no attempt to go back. My feeling is I could get a crisper pizza out of a 1980’s middleby cooking at 4 minutes. We got a raw greasy pizza that was absolutely inedible. If you really want to see these ovens in action, Gainesville might be the closest place. This company just opened up a second store so apparently they’re doing OK.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul! I may just make a run up there…

The principle seems sound, but anyone can screw up anything…lol…

Last edited:
Have you priced one lately?
Better be sitting down when you do.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
This guy has one already…I know they are in the $30K range new, for a single…but it is an interesting concept…looks like they also have some sort of convection/finger approach for top heat…

He had his set up, but I’ve never seen it nor tasted his product…

But sadly, he doesn’t seemtombewell funded, hence my help will cease…

Last edited:
Back