Continue to Site

Boxtoppers

Crusher

Do you put a box topper on every box or one for every order?

I have been putting one with every order and think it is a pain. I am considering topping every box during slow times and then every customer would get one and most customers would get 2-3.

Last edited:
We have a dispenser unit to hold our boxes above our cutting table. We stick our boxtoppers down the divides and then take them off as needed and stick one on every second box per order as we cut the pizzas.

Saves sticking them to every box.

Dave

Last edited:
Crusher,

I put boxtoppers on EVERY box. We unwrap the plastic from the bundle and place the boxes on a counter. We then fold the boxes upward (along the crease in the middle) until we’re holding all 50, using our thumb for support. We then drop one box at a time, gluing and boxtopping each box until the entire bundle is done. We then fold.

-J_r0kk

Last edited:
60.png
j_r0kk:
Crusher,

I put boxtoppers on EVERY box. We unwrap the plastic from the bundle and place the boxes on a counter. We then fold the boxes upward (along the crease in the middle) until we’re holding all 50, using our thumb for support. We then drop one box at a time, gluing and boxtopping each box until the entire bundle is done. We then fold.

-J_r0kk
So J_r0kk, what type of offer or content is on your box topper;

is it a coupon and if so is it the same as on your menu?

I always box top with a current menu (we change 5 times a year); I’ve done the odd special but never really found something that works particularly well.

Wizzle

Last edited:
I would suggest putting both your menu and some coupons on every box. Make sure to have a 2-3 week expiration on every coupon. By doing this you are encouraging the customers to order more than once per month. It has been my experience that most customers order around once a month. If you can get a good % of the customers to order twice a month, you’re ahead of the game and you will see your sales increase drastically! Take the following example:

-You have 300 customers that order once a month on a regular basis with a $20 ticket average.

-You start box topping with coupons. As a result you get 25% (75) of these customers to start ordering twice a month.

-Estimating that these 75 customers spend on average $20 each time, you now have generated $1,500 extra per month or $18,000 extra in sales per year! Just from box topping.

You must put some form of a coupon on every single box along with an expiration date. Your goal is to get the customer to order from you again and turn them into a regular. Coupons will accomplish this for you.

Last edited:
thanks Roger.

could you share coupons that work well for you please.

I’ve currently got 5 good coupons on my menu so finding other ones is always a challenge.

Wizzle

Last edited:
We box top every box using the same method jrock describes. Box toppers are cheap.

We have three color print job done. They are 5.5" X 8.5" inches. We print 50,000 at a time). The cost per is about 3 cents. Since we print them all at once the expiration date we use is quite a way in the future when we print.

We use basic offers that we are happy to honor all the time. When I look at sales generated by coupon in my POS reports, the box top coupons are easily the most productive offers out there compared to the cost.

I have three offers on my topper and a coupon for another unrelated business. The other business pays me $500 to be on there which covers a little more than 1/4 of the printing cost.

Last edited:
Bodegahwy you should ask your printer about copy changes…These days with direct to press technology the copy changes should be pretty cheap…Shorter expiry dates should give you the most action…RCS…

Last edited:
I just read somewhere that boxtopping is an essential part of the main principles of branding. 😉

We put boxtoppers on every box. We’ve tried handing them out one at a time with each order but it’s more of a hassel than anything else.

Boxtopper offers should be ‘good value’ coupons. Since they ordered from you once, they are now your customer. If they like your product they’ll be back. The boxtopper coupons is just that added insentive to order again.

Since I began taking deliveries myself, I’ve noticed so many customers that have our boxtopper coupons on their fridge. I never realized just how well they work. We don’t do a good job of measuring the return on them simply because they are part of the ad material we recieve from the advertising % we pay every month. So it’s not like we could stop getting them if we found they weren’t working anyway.

Last edited:
I do have a question about boxtoppers. I believe in boxtopping and know that it works, but i have spent a lot of money to get my own logo boxes and if i glue boxtoppers on the boxes it covers up the logo which kind of defeats the purpose of having logo boxes. We got these boxes to help build brand image.

So, my question is, which is more important? We currently stuff menus in the sides but sometimes people forget so i know they don’t get out to everyone who gets them.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I do have a question about boxtoppers. I believe in boxtopping and know that it works, but i have spent a lot of money to get my own logo boxes and if i glue boxtoppers on the boxes it covers up the logo which kind of defeats the purpose of having logo boxes. We got these boxes to help build brand image.
So, my question is, which is more important? We currently stuff menus in the sides but sometimes people forget so i know they don’t get out to everyone who gets them.

Any suggestions?

I have custom printed boxes as well and had the same reservations about covering them up with boxtoppers. I use the Super Sticky Post-It Notes from NoteAds as box toppers. I like them because they’re small, inexpensive, easy to stick, and the customer can peel it off and stick it to their fridge for when the order next.

My offer is a Medium (12") 1-top for $7.99, buy up to 5 at that price. Regular menu price is $9.97. This discount increases my food cost on this pie from 15% to just under 19%.

It took about 3 weeks to start seeing a significant number of redemptions but now they’re flowing in like crazy. But I’m sure no small part of that is due to using the Post-Its as door hangers too.

Last edited:
Back