Continue to Site

Breakfast pizza

Jen

Anyone make breakfast pizzas and want to share how? I have a pizza buffet and want to start doing a Sunday brunch.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone make breakfast pizzas and want to share how? I have a pizza buffet and want to start doing a Sunday brunch.

What kind of oven do you have? I’ve done several. My favorite is using a biscuit dough to make a deep dish and add sausage/country gravy. Top with hash browns and/or scrambled eggs and some fresh herbs after. Have to get past the common red pizza sauce and use others for breakfast items. I usually do just a butter sauce. Buffalo sauce and pesto are other good ones for breakfast pies. In my conveyor, I do a ham and sausage thin crust and scramble 2-3 eggs, add them to the pizza. Top with bacon topping. May have to push back in the oven for a few extra mins.

Last edited:
What kind of oven do you have? I’ve done several. My favorite is using a biscuit dough to make a deep dish and add sausage/country gravy. Top with hash browns and/or scrambled eggs and some fresh herbs after. Have to get past the common red pizza sauce and use others for breakfast items. I usually do just a butter sauce. Buffalo sauce and pesto are other good ones for breakfast pies. In my conveyor, I do a ham and sausage thin crust and scramble 2-3 eggs, add them to the pizza. Top with bacon topping. May have to push back in the oven for a few extra mins.
I have a conveyor oven also. So you use actual bisquits to make your deep dish or do you buy them parbaked?

Last edited:
Also when u say a butter sauce do you just put butter down bc I was thinking maybe an alfredo sauce would t ate good too?!?!

Last edited:
Start with your regular dough. Use red sauce but only about 70% of the usual amount.

For a 16" pizza: Spread sauce on skin. Mix three XL raw eggs with about 6 oz of chopped up or diced cheese and spread around the pizza. Add toppings as desired. (I like sausage, jalapeno, onions, tomatoes, bacon) Sprinkle another 2-3 ozs of cheese on top. Cook as usual.

Last edited:
I have a conveyor oven also. So you use actual bisquits to make your deep dish or do you buy them parbaked?

Can make biscuit dough yourself or yeah you could buy biscuit dough. Par bake dough for 3 mins since it’s so wet and then top the pie. I run thru one time covered and one time uncovered at 6:30 belt time

Last edited:
Start with your regular dough and then do one of the following: cheese sauce as a base, softened cream cheese as a base or sausage gravy as the base. then add scrambled egg and any other breakfast favorites top with cheese and bake.

Last edited:
Here’s one that was developed by Jeff Zeak and published in the PMQ Survival Guide.
12" deep-dish pizza.
Pre-open a 12" thin crust dough ball and fit into a lightly greased dark colored deep-disg pizza pan.
10-ounces of pre-cooked breakfast sausage (crumbled or patty)
6-ounces of cooked hash brown potatoes
Diced onions
Diced green peppers
4-ounces shredded cheddar cheese
5-whole eggs (10-ounces)
1/4-cup of milk
1/2-tsp salt
1/4-tsp black pepper
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  1. Brown sausage if not using pre-cooked sausage
  2. Brown hash brown potatoes and mix with onions and green peppers
  3. Whisk eggs, milk salt and black pepper
  4. Sprinkle sausage evenly over the dough
  5. Sprinkle hash brown mixture over the sausage
  6. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the hash brown mixture
  7. Pour egg mixture over the top
  8. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the egg mixture
  9. Bake 25 to 30-minutes at 375F in a deck oven.
Additionally, you can also make some great breakfast calzones.
  1. Open 8-ounces of dough into a 8 or 9" circle
  2. Lightly brush the edges with water
  3. Add pre-cooked scrambled egg, sauteed onion and green pepper
  4. Add crumbled per-cooked breakfast sausage, bacon and fresh tomato slices
  5. Add a small amount of a 50/50 Mozzarella and cheddar cheese mixture
  6. Fold the dough over the filling and tightly crimp the edges using the tines of a fork
  7. Brush with melted butter, using a scissors cut a couple of small vents into the top of the dough
  8. Place into an air impingement oven on a pizza screen and bake the same as you would any thin crust pizza, or if baking in a deck oven bake on a pizza screen at 475F until lightly browned.
  9. Upon removal from the oven brush lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese
    These calzones can be placed into paper sleeves and held under a heat lamp or served directly from the oven.
    Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
wait, are you guys saying a regular pizza with sausage, Pep, and some veg is not a “Breakfast Pizza”?
Sacrilege!!

Last edited:
For the students at K-State, as with any other university, I think any kind of cold pizza would be a top consideration as a breakfast entree.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back