Buffet prices

Discussion in 'The Think Tank' started by Jen, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:02 PM.

1. Jen

Jen Member

Any of you have a pizza buffet? Looking for prices. I am in a little town 4000 people and run a buffet with a soup bar, salad bar and hot buffet that is broaster chicken, pizza mashed potatoes, veggie and 2 specials. I am currently at 8.95 and looking to raise my price but I think it might hurt me in the long run. I have not raised my prices in 4 years and I know it’s time but I don’t know if people want to pay that much in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Don't be afraid. Charge what you need to charge to keep quality the same. We don't have a buffet but we have lunch specials. We raise them almost yearly

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

sparrowspizza likes this.
  3. paul7979

paul7979 Well-Known Member

Every time I raise prices I'm scared we will lose customers. It's currently been 2 years since we raised our pizza prices and I know an increase is due, but scared of the repercussions. I also know that every single time I've raised prices i the 22 years I've done this, almost nobody has batted an eye. I always justify the raise by convincing myself that if I raise prices 10% and lose 10% of my customers, I'm still basically in the same situation, maybe saving a few dollars in labor costs. But once the price change goes into effect, I find I only lose a few customers and our company is sitting in a much more stable financial position.

In other words, It's probably in your best interest to raise the price and don't look back.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 8:35 PM
    sparrowspizza likes this.