Build your (Subway style)

Mrschleg79

It seems like with our online ordering everything has a modification. Hoagies, pizzas and salads. I was thinking about just going with a build your own. You pick your meat/cheese/toppings and sauces for hoagies. Same for pizzas as far as specialty pies go I would just run a large 3 top for $14.99, 4 Top for $16.99 and 5 top for $18.99. Anyone doing this? Thoughts?

You obviously know we don’t do it like this, but I think in the grand scheme of things you could eliminate 75% of specialties and hoagies and customers would build their own anyway as long as you have the main staples.

We make all of our subs build your own (we write what we would suggest for each sub in the description)
Customer is forced to choose

Bread choice(min 1 max 1)
Cheese choice(min 1 max 1)
Condiment choice(min 1 max 2)
Toppings choice (min 1 max 5)

I made it so it makes perfect sense and I know the customer is getting exactly what they want.

Last edited:
All of our subs come a certain way and can be modified for ease in training staff - we are the opposite of Burger King “Do it your way”. I think it would make perfect sense to offer a “Build Your Own” option as well

Last edited:
Most of our sandwiches come with dressing and cheese. The add on modifiers are on the first page after the choose the sandwich. it is easy, the cooks ad the items.

Back