Continue to Site

Bummed out, cannot figure out this new town we opened up in!

jokergerm

So i just old my First pizza place that i started. When i bought it the lady was doing about 140k in sales, i shut it down and re did somethings and got the sales up to 330k ish. well i sold it and started up one of my friends chain pizza places, there is 19 in our state. On average they do about 1300 a day in sales. well we started out doing almost 900 a day.

Then we got robbed and closed us down for 2 days, cause they trashed the place. after that sales dropped to about 500 a day. then i put 9500 menus in the local newpaper and sales went back to almost 700 a day. then came november now we are at about 500 a day again, then we got robbed the day before thanksgiving closing us for 2 days again.

sales are still about 500 a day

I have spent 5k on advertising in the last 3 months, we did a 5k people mailer for a local food drive, "buy any large pizza and get a meduim one topping free if you donate a canned food item. we got 15 back out of 5,000!!! i dont get it.

looking for some advise. also i have dont valpak twice and i just dont get why its so slow!!!

thanks for any help, i ordered 500 laminated menus that we are going to hand out to local busnieses and offer them 25% off.

There is hardly any competion here we have a pizza factory and a place that sells 40 dollar pizzas and there is 25k people in our delivery area.

im pist

Last edited:
Re: Bummed out, cannot figure out this new town we opened up

Have you taken a hard look at your product?

Last edited:

yea, we have 19 stores in one state and they do great. the company grossed about 8 million this year in sales.

We make our own dough , and sauce and shredd our own cheese and chop our own onions and peppers and slice our own mushrooms.

We have good quailty pizza and great coupons. Me and the franchise owner are at a lose on this one. There is another one of our stores in a small town of only 2500 people with 2 other pizza places and they do over 1k a day at that sister store.

I dunno im gonna have to figure something out though.

Last edited:

First off, GET AN ALARM!!! No one will spend time trashing a place so bad that it takes two days to reopen while an alarm is going off and the police are on the way. Spending two days closed when you are a new business will definatly lose you some customers. Secondly, do you have a POS system in this store? What is your retention rate? How much of your $500 per day is coming from new customers and how much from repeat customers. If the majority of customers try you once and never come back, you need to evaluate your product and service. If your customers are coming back, then you just aren’t getting enough people to try you. In this case you need to look at your offers in your advertising as well as the advertising medium itself. Don’t just use your gut feelings to look at these, do some digging in your POS to get solid answers for these.

Last edited:

How’s your service? Another hard look. Has the market changed with the economy (company town?) Not sure what else to add. Could be any number of things.

Last edited:

how many times do you have to get robbed before you can get out of a lease???

Last edited:

Getting robbed is the store owner’s problem, not the property owner.

Last edited:

sounded like a joke to me

Last edited:

Yea it was a joke for sure

Im getting ADT Thursday and cameras put in.

Last edited:

Sorry. Kinda working on several things at once and after the delivery driver posts my brain shorted out.

Last edited:
Back