Continue to Site

butcher shop idea

NicksPizza

wa dave:
Golden opportunity to open a butcher shop with ADpizzaman.

Could also suggest some really big money making venture with the spare rooms … but I don’t think the authorities would be impressed (but guys would be) 😉

Dave
Funny you should mention that. The past incarnation of this building (15 years ago) was a grocery store with meat market in the back. there is already a cold room and walk-in where they handled the meat 🙂 All I need is to replace all the compressors and coils for the colling, and I can be in business! How 'bout it Adpizzaman? Wanna come to semi-rural Western Georgia to open a struggling meat market?

I do think sometimes about subdividing, but the configuration and work needed on the other parts make it too cost prohibitive right now. Sure, it might eventually pay for itself, but considering a 57% vacancy rate in our downtown commercial district, it is a risky investment.

The mini-depressed economy we’ve had here since the mill closed in the early 90’s is starting to lift, but we still need some more change before we are able to expect to sub-let the space. There are plans for the back half of the building, complete with rear entrances, but not yet.

Last edited:
not having seen your operation, but being downtown…what about a long range plan 2 reopen a concept that included some groceries/staples & some prepared grab & go items for those folks 2 lazy to cook @ home…like an Eatzis?

Last edited:
Patriot'sPizza:
not having seen your operation, but being downtown…what about a long range plan 2 reopen a concept that included some groceries/staples & some prepared grab & go items for those folks 2 lazy to cook @ home…like an Eatzis?
Not at all likely I’ll be doing any grocery type sales. Dept of Agericulture get sinvolved, and that is more regualtion and licensing. HOWEVER, the prepared grab 'n go is more what we have envisioned for at elast lunch service. I have exceptional recipes and techniques for preparing foods that reheat in either microwave or oven with great results. They are like fresh made is heated properly. Done tests, and people cannot pick the reheated ones from the fresh.

This will be a new revenue stream for us to prepare and package entrees and some sides. Have a display cooler, and folks can just grab the meal and go. We’ll have a menu or schedule of dishes so that offices can prepare an order of several, and we will deliver them. Only three or four small offices anywhere near us right now, so it won’t be hard to manage that. Plus, you can buy several when you pick up dinner, keep in fridge at home and take to work each day for lunch. Very lucrative potential if I can get it off the ground. I’m looking at Late fall for this one . . . after we get pizzeria dining room stabilized and second one pretty well underway.

Last edited:
In Fla, Dept of Ag is “kewler” than BPR (Hotel & Rest)…less hassle…the meat thing tho is a bit testy…learned 2 “butcher” @ my father’s place, 2 many yrs ago…but a neighborhood grocer…hmmm…might b a gimmick worth exploring…

we’re gonna “mock” more of a “Boston Market” concept, paired w/pizza & BBQ…all this in 500 SqFt…

Last edited:
Patriot'sPizza:
we’re gonna “mock” more of a “Boston Market” concept, paired w/pizza & BBQ…all this in 500 SqFt…
I’ll just say that you’re a better man than I am trying to make that work in 500 sq feet. I don’t even like the idea of a pizza place in that size ‘broom closet’ 🙂 How does a decent sized chef even move around in there?

I like the boston Market and pizza idea. It is novel enough to make itself useful. If the c-store you are in sells a decent coffee trade in the morning, then the impulse lunch sales could be happening. the construction guys flock to this one place in our town that has gas and affordable coffee. It is a swarm around 7:30 am.

You smoking your own butts?

Last edited:
48.png
NicksPizza:
wa dave:
Could also suggest some really big money making venture with the spare rooms … but I don’t think the authorities would be impressed (but guys would be) 😉

Dave
Funny you should mention that. The past incarnation of this building (15 years ago) was a grocery store with meat market in the back. there is already a cold room and walk-in where they handled the meat 🙂
Nick. A “meat market” out the back would bring in really good money :lol:
Dave

Last edited:
we’ve got a 36" curved glass warmer that will hold 12-1/3 size hotel pans…

we’ll smoke a brisket, butts, bone-in turkey breast and a football ham…got a decent evap/warmer…will shred/slice 2 order…slide down 4 sides etc…can get a sandwich only or a plate…plus some fried or roasted chicken…

this is a prototype for a larger operation…

bought 2 CTX conveyor ovens, so I can kick out a 120+ pies/hr - if I need 2 do the LC model…

will be doing the 14" thick/16" NY thin - pay one price any toppings/specialties…will charge extra 4 delivery, if/when I get 2 that point…

I took some pics 2day - will post 'em somewhere…

I’ll try 2 crank this open in 21 days…

still have 2 sign the lease…little remodeling required - just a shoe horn!

Last edited:
Back