Continue to Site

Buying 60qt mixer attachments

NicksPizza

So, I am now swimming in the brand new world of mixers the size of motorcycles. My P660 is in good shape, getting a kitchen expanded around it, and needs to attachments. It came with the hook and I got a used pelican head. Dough and cheese taken care of. Now I need to explore the flat paddle attachment and need some guidance.

I can find brand new aluminum ones for Around $60 delivered, and that is throwing all sorts of alarms and flags to avoid the IDIOT TAX. Are these to be trusted? One is sold by Tundra, so the seller is at least a big company. I suspect that some are Food Machinary of America/OMCAN out of China. Not feeling warm and cozy about that, honestly. Can someone give me personal experience with these things and tell me if t makes a difference? $90 gets ame a new one from Allpoints Foodservice . . . and then there are the ones going for north of $140 . . . all are aluminum.

I need one to get started, and will consider a stainless one when I hit the lottery or have a 500 pizza night or something (can’t sell a kidney right now). A kind fellow on the 'Tank is selling me a whisk, so that should be a big help, too. Need beater for cake batters, sauces and such and for other ventures.

Last edited:
I’ve bought off-brand paddles/whips in the past…never had an issue, but never used them as much as the hook…which was also an import…

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Patriot’s Pizza. I’ve seen cheap hooks demolished on the first dough (made in Mexico from salvaged auto pistons/WAAAAY too brittle), but flat beaters, aka paddles don’t get the abuse a hook does, so the composition of the aluminum isn’t as critical, BUT do be aware that some aluminum can be very soft and react with the acids in tomato, so if you’re mixing a sauce you can get a funky metallic flavor from a bad agitator. My advice is to test it first with a small amount of sauce to see if it reacts with it. With a wire whip, just make sure the wires are stainless, or you will end up with a rusty whip over time (seen those too).
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back