Continue to Site

Can great service hurt my business???

mrschleg

We have been open for just about 10 years now. We have always focused on great service for a delivery store. We are busy (so we think Fri 70-80 deliveries), and we are also staffed well driver wise. Most deliveries arrive to the customers door under 30 minutes every time. Around the neighborhood we have heard X pizza shop is at an hour for delivery, Y pizza shop told me 1.5 hours. Am i actually giving the impression that i am slow by giving great service and paying for the staff that i have. Should i back off the drivers and make people wait 45 +min.

Last edited:
Don’t try to be average just so your customers think you are average. Be exceptional and tell the customer why you are exceptional. You should push the fact that you offer the fastest delivery and find a way to explain the difference. I envision a picture of a pizza sitting under a heat lamp and a driver looking at a map saying “dude, I don’t think I can find this address”, with the caption of “why wait for an hour for the other pizza places when we offer the fastest delivery and guarantee a hot, fresh pizza every time.” I think I might have to use this for an ad myself.

Last edited:
Great service is always a winning proposition. Just make it a point in your advertising. Topper’s Pizza has their slogan “We Come Fast, No aplogies”

Big Dave has always relayed his story of when Dominos opened in his town that he started advertising 29 minutes etc.

I have a goal of under 14 minutes out the door and i record “lates” for every order sent out over 25 minutes and I mail those customers a postcard for $2 off their next order because the big truth of it is people want you to be FAST and GOOD. If you can execute that then price is a non factor. Same goes in a full service restaurant.

Last edited:
Back