Can I have a side of --------

Discussion in 'Marketing / Increasing Sales' started by JTMiller09, Oct 26, 2019.

1. JTMiller09

JTMiller09 Member

We charge customers for extra sides of salad dressing, buffalo sauce, etc. My philosophy, which may or may not be right is that I build menu pricing off of food and paper costs....so if somebody wants extra...they pay for extra...same as I do.

Curious how others handle such requests? Some customers get it and others don't.

2. grassospizza1993

grassospizza1993 Member

We charge for those items too. We don't get a lot of customer complaints but of course there's always one or two. In a joking maner I say "yeah I don't get it for free either"

3. sparrowspizza

sparrowspizza Active Member

I give away free red pepper and parm packets. I give free xtr sauce on pizza. everything else is charged. except when a customer has already paid, and then ask for a ranch cup, we just give it to them.

4. Daddio

Daddio Well-Known Member Moderator

And the customer knows this so they will always wait until after they have paid to ask.

5. NicksNYPizza

NicksNYPizza New Member

We don’t charge for them. We ask everybody who purchases a slice if they want a side of ranch or blue cheese for free. We are in a mall food court and it’s pretty competitive. It’s one way we build customer loyalty. It’s only maybe $0.10, we fill the cups ourselves. We want customers to eat our food every day and make a little less profit rather than go somewhere else for lunch the next day. Figure we will make the profit back when they have a larger order.

6. December

December Active Member

We charge for extra sauces, we definitely have customers who always ask after theyve paid, as if they actually forgot, they just dont want to pay for it.

The positive note for us is this a few years ago bleu cheese dressing was always being asked for after the fact, our most expensive dressing by far. Now Ranch is the most asked for and my least expensive

7. Mike

Mike Member

We charge for extra of something that comes with the order, like salad dressing; but if someone ask for a side of ranch or blue ch with something we just give it to them. IMO, It's really not worth pissing off a customer to save $.50.

idahopizzaman likes this.