Continue to Site

Catering Help

pizzaduo

I was approached by a local venue to cater a prom for 200 people. The venue is looking for finger foods not a full blown meal. The venue has limited refrigeration and warmers available. I am looking for food items that will hold 3 to 4 hours with no refrigeration, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
why can’t you do drops every hour in that case if you do not want to use chaffing dishes, etc. We do post-prom parties and provide pizzas cut into smaller slices, mozz stix, boneless buffalo wings, etc

Last edited:
Prom is tough because it’s kids but if it has to be 3-4 hours room temp I would think tapas style, salads, and foccacia. roasted veggie bruschetta, tossed salads with no proteins, and foccacia with different toppings. could you not rent a few warmers?

Last edited:
i say invest in a few cambro hot boxes, they last forever. and they are amazing at keeping food hot for hours. when we do pasta we even prop the door open a little cuz the box will over cook the pasta. and a 200 person party should deff cover the cost of a few. what we do since we don’t have a lot of them is anything that’s gonna be sitting for a few hours goes in the cambros anything that’s gonna get eaten first goes in cardboard boxes…works great! and a few menu ideas… burschetta, boneless wings, mini meatballs, toasted ravioli, mini calzones (huge hit and huge profit!), tomato basil and fresh moz skewers.

Last edited:
Back