Continue to Site

Char Broiler: Lava vs Radiant

locoarts

Hello,

I was wondering if you were going to do allot of grilling… chicken breasts, some steak… daily, basically as a major piece of equipment in your business.

What Char Broiler is better a Gas Lava or Gas Radiant? Whats the pros & cons of each. What would you chose?

Also,

Whats your opinion of Star, Toastmaster for a Gas Char Broilers? Which one do you like better? Or is there really no difference.

Thank You
🙂

Last edited:
My preference is a natural gas broiler w/lava rock…you can keep the flame a bit lower and the heat is maybe a bit more even because of the rock…Iava rock, tho a bit messy to clean, but believe the smoke residue, from the rocks, permeates the food better…

Last edited:
Very cool… Yeah something I saw online and never realized there was a difference/choice. Kinda new to this all… thanks for the info!!

Last edited:
48.png
locoarts:
hey how do you clean the lava rocks? What is the clean up?
When they degrade badly enough, you throw them out and replace them with new.

Last edited:
48.png
locoarts:
hey how do you clean the lava rocks? What is the clean up?
If you really want to take the time and effort to clean them put them in a pot of boiling water.

Last edited:
Very cool thank you!

So these lava rocks last a pretty long time before changing? Atleast around a year? or no. It’s not something I have to change, every couple months - do I?

Last edited:
Back