Charging tip percentage on large orders

califpizza

I’m wondering how many people charge a percentage on large orders. for instance, if an order comes in of 10+ pizzas do you automatically do a surcharge on that? If so, what percentage?

Curious about the large order gratuity. How many of us discount larger orders? If we do are we simply trying offset the discount with a gratuity?
If a customer is paying full price for 10+ pizza what is the rationale for charging a gratuity?
Are we not happy with a 10+ pizza order at regular prices? 10+ pizza orders are not exactly catering orders.

I agree with not penalizing a large order with an automatic tip %. We no longer discount any orders no matter how large. We have a loyalty program that we promote instead that makes things much easier and levels the playing field for all customers. My drivers are making over $30/hr after tips, etc so they are making enough money even thought they occasionally get stiffed on a large order. They always bitch and complain about those but somehow don’t remember all the 20% tips on huge orders they smile about…
That brings me to another point. So when we get those huge pizza or catering orders I started a rule that drivers get $50 max tip per order. The remaining tip goes to kitchen staff (not owners/managers) that helped prepare the order…seems fair to me right?

Last edited:
Back