Continue to Site

cheese grating NOT on the mixer

NicksPizza

What models and units are you good folks using for cheese graters when you don’t have a hub on your mixer? I found a possibly great mixer solution that does not have an accessory hub, so I want to find a powered unit to grate/shred my mozz and provolone. I see ALL SORTS of different stuff in the marketplace, but have no experience to know what HP, wattage, size, style, manufacturer people are having success with. Ideally, it would accept interchangable accessories for shredding, slicing, grinding, etc. The accessories would not cost $900 apiece either . . . yikes.

Experts in the field unite.

Last edited:
Hi Nick:

Many of our clients use the Palazzolo Unit.

Shreds 50 Lb per minute.
Takes 6lb blocks of cheese

513 528 7016

George Mills

Last edited:
Thanks, George. I can’t find any pricing or where to buy the thing. Do you sell, and how much? Looks like a beast of a cheese shredder . . . I could shred for the whole county 🙂 I definitely am looking and reading more about it.

I gotta balance cost with volume needs . . . and the needs for versatility for other attachments like slicer and grinder.

I am even looking into feasibility of getting a hub installed onto a vintage M800 mixer I’ve located for a good price.

Last edited:
They only sell them direct and new they cost a bit over $3000. I’ve bought a couple off eBay in the past.

Last edited:
Back