Continue to Site

Cheese hits new record high.

brad_randall

Block jumped $.12 today to reach $2.25. Looks like the relief in the flour price is going to get gobbled up by record cheese prices.

Last edited:
brad randall:
Block jumped $.12 today to reach $2.25. Looks like the relief in the flour price is going to get gobbled up by record cheese prices.
That is awesome news… Record gas prices, wheat, and cheese… Its a record setting year!

Last edited:
it just never ends. I wonder what is next. I am marketing more then ever before i hope it continues to work. so far so good profits are up slightly from last year sales are way up.

Last edited:
…Seems like prices for flour, cheese, and many other essentials are really starting to cause issues for restaurants (especially the small biz). I have noticed this from a marketing standpoint as well…pizza shops are ordering small quantities of menus more often (with price updates) as opposed to saving money by ordering larger quantities that will last a few months. I guess many small biz simply can’t afford to print menus and then have their cheese/flour prices skyrocket…then they are stuck with 50,000 menus with prices too low.

Interesting stuff…just had 2 slices for lunch!

Last edited:
i have heard that cheese is going to double in price soon, has anyone else heard this? or is someone pulling my chain?

Last edited:
hoss Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:52 am Post subject: Re: Cheese hits new record high.

i have heard that cheese is going to double in price soon, has anyone else heard this? or is someone pulling my chain?

July 2006 CME price $1.16/LB
Today CME price $2.27

Looks like it has already nearly doubled. If it doubles again, say goodby to many pizza shops. $4.50 gasoline seems inevitable, but $4.50 cheese seems insurmountable.

Last edited:
thats the word down here in tampa, fl. that its going to be over $4.00 soon, think there is any truth to it?

Last edited:
I’m sure that in the coming weeks, some Grande pre diced users will see prices approaching $4.00/LB, but I find it hard to believe that cheese on the CME will anytime soon double price from it’s current all time record high. Then again, flour prices more than doubled their record high so brace yourself for anything.

Last edited:
Back