Continue to Site

cheese portion

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

With cheese prices going up we are just now starting to weigh our cheese. We sample weighed what we normally put on a large 14 inch pie and it is about 15- 16 oz. We wanted to give the customer there moneys worth. The cost of cheese is too high to continue doing this. How much cheese should go on a 10", 12" and 14" pies. Thanks again.

If you search the archives you will find numerous previous posts on this very subject…Also ones on dough weight…RCS…

Last edited:
60.png
Chuck:
We sample weighed what we normally put on a large 14 inch pie and it is about 15- 16 oz. We wanted to give the customer there moneys worth.
Wow. Thats roughly twice as much as we put on a 14". We use 8.5 ounces.

Last edited:
48.png
royster13:
If you search the archives you will find numerous previous posts on this very subject…Also ones on dough weight…RCS…
You are very right. I just looked and on May 10, 2007 Iposted a link to this thread previous to that one . . .

http://www.pmq.com/tt/viewtopic.php?t=2 … ght=cheese

It’s amazing how relavent these topics continue to be. Everyone is wrestling with the same sorts of issues. Different scale and different timeframes, but same issues.

Last edited:
I make 12" 14" 16" and 18" pies. Cheese as follows: 6 oz, 8 oz, 10 oz and 12 oz…I use Grande which doesn’t require as much cheese as some less expensive cheeses. Hope this helps.

Back