Continue to Site

Chopped or Slices?

Pizza_N_Wings

Looking for everyone’s advice/ comments on green peppers & onions for toppings.
Chopped vs. Slices? Pros & Cons.
Thanks for all of the advice!!

Last edited:
Slice both. We use 1/8 fixed cut nemco easy slicer. Diced would be easier to cut and easier to sprinkle on pizzas, but we think slicing looks and tastes better

Last edited:
When I started we julienned them both because we need them for both pizza and subs and diced doesn’t stay on a sub as well. Plus I think it looks better and fresher. But we started dicing for pizza a few months ago and I like it better for pizza. We are thin crust, square cut and it just seems to cover better and give a better bite. So we cycle ours through. After a day or two any leftover sandwich peppers and onions get diced and put on the pizza line.

Last edited:
Slice both. Personally think it looks better and let’s customers know you’re prepping it by hand. Frozen pizzas use chopped (diced).

Last edited:
we slice both also…the other place i worked at chopped the onions and I liked that better…now we slice onions and their doesn’t seem to be much of a difference in taste, just easier to work with.

Last edited:
Diced for some reason just says “cheap product” in my opinion. I guess it’s because a lot of mass produced/frozen items use diced. Hell, who knows.

Mark me down for sliced

Last edited:
YUUUUUMMMMMM!!!
Thanks! I have a great photographer for our website. She is professor of photography at the university in town and has won many awards for her portrait work. This is her first time doing a food shoot and she refuses any payment because of the cause we are about. She does accept pizza though :). IMO top notch website photos are a must for todays artisan pizza shops. Walter

Last edited:
Thanks! I have a great photographer for our website. She is professor of photography at the university in town and has won many awards for her portrait work. This is her first time doing a food shoot and she refuses any payment because of the cause we are about. She does accept pizza though :). IMO top notch website photos are a must for todays artisan pizza shops. Walter
that’s Awesome! that is a great picture; and i love paying people in pizza!! ha ha i have a plumber who works for lasanga!

Last edited:
Back