Continue to Site

CiCi's way of doing it

The_Fat_Boy

was wondering if anyone here has ever worked in a CICI’s and if so how do you calculate the food cost and waste i heard somewhere that they weight the leftover scraps at the end of the night pr something like that

Last edited:
having worked @ one of the top 10 grossing CiCi’s, waste is/was an issue, as there is a 20-30 minute “pie-life”

…but from an USMC Auditor’s POV, waste is part of the food cost equation…

we never “weighed” any waste (we used buss tubs!) but we served 1,800-3,200 buffets/day…

volume covers all sins, whether it be a buffet of DelCo…

Last edited:
When I managed CiCis units in Arlington TX 10 years ago, food cost was calculated using the standard formula of last weeks ending inventory, plus this weeks receipts, minus this weeks ending inventory. It actually wasn’t too bad, as they keep their number of inventory skus very low. If I remember correctly, goal was about 17% food cost. I did hear of some stores weighing waste, but that was in stores with high food cost, usually to prove they weren’t rotating their buffet correctly. i.e., if you suspected your assistant manager wasn’t managing the buffet efficiently in your absence, you could compare the waste level on his shift with a similar shift of yours. The CiCis system that refined, its a thing-o-beauty! (if you don’t like good pizza, that is…)

Last edited:
Back