Continue to Site

Cleaning Delivery Bags

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

Does anybody know how to wash deliver bags. I tried one in the washing machine and it didn’t work very well. Any help will be appreciated.

There are so many types, I’d try to get a suggestion from the manufacturer. Mine say “do not put bag in washer” on them - but they can be washed pretty well with a wet sponge…

Last edited:
Funny thing but I was about to post the exact question.

We have a number of diffrent bags from what I have purchased and ones I inherited when I took over the shop.

The latter ones are not in the best condition and are very dirty inside from years of non cleaning. The majority of them have a nylon cloth type of lining (blue and wipe striped like a butchers apron) and when they get damp from moisture, especially on cold, wet winter nights. The dirt inside then makes the boxes dirty.

I turned two inside out and washed them but they are taking an eternity to dry.

Anyone have any idea on cleaning them thoroughly without the drying problem I’m experiencing.

Our other bags are heavy nylon lined and wipe out fairly easily and as they are relatively new we keep on top of them with cleaning, but the others probably hadn’t been cleaned at all.

What is the general consensus on cleaning the inside of bags?

Dave

Last edited:
wa dave:
Anyone have any idea on cleaning them thoroughly without the drying problem I’m experiencing.

<<>>

What is the general consensus on cleaning the inside of bags?

Dave
My plan is to clean them daily with a general purpose cleaner, then with a general degreaser weekly. When one gets to soiled to clean effectively . . . I will buy a new one since they are very, very affordable in the US.

Sell the old ones on eBay to the grunge start-up guys looking to save a buck in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Turn them inside out, wash on gentle, only 2 bags at a time. Tumble dry on low or no heat.

Last edited:
“NicksPizza” said:
When one gets to soiled to clean effectively . . . I will buy a new one since they are very, very affordable in the US.
quote]

Ours aren’t affordable - around $45 each, but I am starting to replace them 3 or 4 at a time. The cost far outweighs the perception customers will get from a dirty bag or soiled box from a dirty bag.

Dave

Last edited:
Hello Giovanni, We wipe ours out daily w/ a warm soapy rag.This will give you a long life of your bags and it takes about 60 seconds ea…Once you start washing and drying them they will start to crack and no longer hold heat.
Niccademo

Last edited:
Back