Continue to Site

Cleaning my deck oven burners

Pizzamancer

I just moved to Singapore for a consulting job, and they have ovens that I am not too familiar with. They have some really ancient Blodgett 1048 decks, and the flame is clearly yellow, and you can see where the carbonization has risen up the front of the ovens.

How difficult is it to pull the burners out and clean them? I searched the TT here, and looks like there were a few replies along the same lines, but nothing specific. My plan is to brush them with a wire brush, and hope that takes care of the problem. Anyone deal with this before? Think drilling or anything more ‘heavy duty’ is in order?

Also, any tips/tricks for taking the burners out?

Last edited:
Hi Pizzamancer:

Its been a while but I think those burners come out quite simply. There may be one screw in the plate that holds them to the rear wall of the oven.They then just lift out.

The yellow flame is due to an improper air to gas ratio. There is an aluminum air adjustment unit at the front of each burner that adjusts the air to gas ratio.

And yes you most probably should use a drill to clean out the holes in the burner as they have a tendency to become smaller over the years.

George Mills

Last edited:
Thanks George. The ovens we have here are old as the hills. I am going to take apart the one we use the least on Monday and see what I can do.

Any idea if there is routine maint that should be don on a monthly/yearly basis?

Last edited:
Any idea if there is routine maint that should be don on a monthly/yearly basis?

Not that I recall.

George Mills

Last edited:
Back