Continue to Site

Combo Gas/wood oven advice

Bciliberto

Good Morning,

opening a small bistro sized unit in upper end small town marketplace. 350 sf-- would like to offer rustic pizzas and stromboli’s-- have been cooking at home-built wood-fired oven. 20 to 30 pies an hour max (9-10")

Oven Pics Link- http://picasaweb.google.com/bciliberto/ … eTwoHearts

considering earthstone 110, woodstone bistro, and modena from forno bravo. L.P.

any thoughts or advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Last edited:
Bciliberto…

Where are you located in the world?

I don’t think that gas is worth it in the oven. Go wood.

The Forno Bravo oven might be the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Morning,

Thanks-

slab and foundation- 1000 by others
masonary labor- Ben (me) and Ivan (nephew) - 60 hours (including table and patio)

materials- 3,000
roofing- 1500 m&l
framer- 850

insulation - 120

6-7k plus labor.

Last edited:
Morning,

18901- doylestown pa

I am more concerned about help keeping the fire going, storage for wood is limitted and PIA, and there will probably be some things i want to bake that the gas wouyld be easier.

i emailed forno-- how much is there’s-- you use one?

Ben

Last edited:
48.png
Bciliberto:
Good Morning,

opening a small bistro sized unit in upper end small town marketplace. (350 sf–)

Thanks,

Ben
HI BCiliberto:

May I ask what the 350 sf-- indicates?

George Mills

Last edited:
Good morning!

It’s the size of the shop- 350 sq ft.-- located in a center of town marketplace of shops. space is all work area. large window to Main st, 4 stool counter bar, and takeaway counter, and we’ll have a late night takeout window on street.

An attractive facade on the oven, with a spotlight, will make it a real eye-catcher in town! I can see the flames dancing in the windows now! 😃

Last edited:
That is a really small shop.

Have you looked into the small “Pacific Brick” gas ovens?

For me, for pizza, the problem I have with most of these ovens is the deck height. I would want a very low deck height for pizza.

Last edited:
Good morning!

No i hadn’t-- looked over website and dropped them a note. Right now it looks like leading candidates are earth-stone 90, and wood-stone bistro.

I need all the commercial certifications in my area. Do you use a Pacific Brick? The is an operation with an earthstone 110 near me i will be visiting this week.

Any one with advice hear it would sure be appreciated, these babies sure are an investment :roll:

Business plan is to do 90 -110 personal size pizzas a day, plus casseroles, meatballs, walk-away lunch dinner snack dishes-

thanks !

Ben

Last edited:
Back