Continue to Site

Cookies

MidnightRider

Is anyone doing any sort of version of the pizza cookie (like Papa Johns and Pizza Hut)?

This seems like it might be a good fit for our business in that the packaging is very similar.

If you are doing some version of these, can you describe your process? Not too worried about recipes, just wonder what process you follow…or what you use for packaging during baking and after?

Last edited:
get frozen cookie dough ‘pucks’ and sell a dozen cookies for $5…been doing it for years as a combo deal…

I bake 'em on parchment paper & slide 'em into a 16" pizza box…they’ll finish cooking & set up in the box while delivering or waiting for pick up…

We keep a few dozen deprosted at all times, then flatten the puck out & cook same time as pizza, but put the screen in on trailing edge…

Last edited:
We do everything from scratch and make the basic nestle choc chip recipe but use only 1/2 the butter. We take a round cake pan and a green size scooper and fill up the pan with dough, press it down, and bake it. Our chocolate chip cookies sell out everyday (one green scoop per cookie) and we sell a few of the pizza cookies a month. We have gotten as well known for our choc chip cookies as our pizzas. Walter

Last edited:
Thanks Patriot and Walter. I think what Walter is describing is exactly what I would like to try…

@Walter - forgive my ignorance, but what size would the “green” scoop be? Is the round cake pan a specific size as well? Once you make the dough, how quickly do you have to sell them? Is it same day, or is their any shelf life on the raw dough? Do you press into the cake pan when an order is placed, or can these be prepped ahead of time? Last, but not least, I believe you use a deck oven, and I have a conveyor…but do you have any advice on cook time and temp?

One more thought, what size batches are you making?

Last edited:
It is the green handle 2.8oz size scooper. We use the cookie dough fresh each day but I have worked in bakeries where we made big batches of pure ingredients and stored them in buckets in the walk in for a week easy. They get hard in the cooler from the butter so it is best to let the dough warm up and or cut a hunk out the size you need beforehand. the dough will shape into the pan better when just mixed/room temp as well. Yes we press the dough into 12" round cake pans. I forget how many scoops it is but just set them in next to each other lightly touching. This will make a thick cookie. You could space them out and play around with the amount of dough to get the thickness you want. Yes they can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the cooler. We bake them in southbend convection ovens at 325 for about 15 minutes or so on the side by side, thick, recipe. I never have worked with a conveyor oven so can’t help with that. Walter

http://www.lionsdeal.com/wi-icd-12....itchen Utensils,Dishers&utm_content=wi-icd-12

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, that gives me plenty to start experimenting with!

BTW Keep us informed about your experiences in Las Vegas. I have thoughts (not really plans yet) about a similar type concept that I could run all or mostly by myself.

Last edited:
You are welcome. I will keep you updated. It will be Reno. I have been in contact with a SCORE rep there and he is helping in choosing an area to set up. He owns commercial real estate in Reno and is well versed in the jargon of securing a lease. Hopefully our house sells this spring and by this time next year we will be up and running. Walter

Last edited:
You are welcome. I will keep you updated. It will be Reno. I have been in contact with a SCORE rep there and he is helping in choosing an area to set up. He owns commercial real estate in Reno and is well versed in the jargon of securing a lease. Hopefully our house sells this spring and by this time next year we will be up and running. Walter
Ah, sorry Reno! Good luck with that and I will be following your progress.

Last edited:
we also use nestle choc chip recepie ( been awhile ) make a big batch and roll into long sticks ( salami size ) and put into freezer , when needed thaw and slice , cook per instructions and wrap with cellophane .

Last edited:
Back