Continue to Site

Costco style chicken bake

Warren

Looking for things I will be able to sell that no other pizza place has.
I want 1)simple operationally 2) good margine 3) little or no extra stuff to order.

The costco chicken bake meets this. All I have to order is ceasar dressing. Costco sells them for 2.99. I am thinking 4.99 I dont know what chicken will cost me. yet but i will get 3 to a pound. Anybody ever considered knocking off the costco chicken bake? My friend works there when he has preped them in the morning he makes about 240 of them. I figure maybe ill sell 6 or 7 a day. The other thing I thought about was making mini chicken bakes like 2 bite size and selling them by the dozen for 5.99 or 6.99 thoughts? And GO!

Last edited:
I had to look up what that product is, and what I am seeing is a stromboli with marinated chicken in it. Am I correct?

Do you currently offer any chicken at all? As I mentioned in another thread, we use boneless/skinless chicken thigh meat for our pulled chicken for dinners & sandwiches, and a few different pizzas already get chicken. We see a large savings in thigh meat, I also prefer the flavor and moisture retention of thigh meat compared to breasts.
I am not a fan of having raw chicken anywhere on my line or near any ready to eat foods due to the chances and consequences of cross-contamination. So take that into considerations before bringing it in-house.
The item looks cool, but trying to make those to order, or sandbagging a pile of them that you have 7 days to use does not appeal to me too much

Last edited:
Its basicly precooked chicken breast chunks the same as you would use for pizza topping not marinated just has cheese bacon bits and ceasar dressing

Last edited:
We’ve done 'em various times in the past…with Ranch dressing…call 'em Ranchkins…made like pepperoni rolls…spin an 18" crust, cut into 8 wedges, stuff, roll & bake…

Last edited:
Back