Re: Credit Card Equipment Leasing Scammers = Norrthern Leasi

I use Heartland, been very good to us. We are in Nevada

Todd 😃

let us know how it comes out i need to get out of my lease also

asap

Last edited:

i bought a used machine off ebay for $200 … and still use it?

How do you people buy machines for that much money?

Any credit card processor will program the new machine for you.

Northern leasing has been a negative on my credit report for a few years. It’ll be a cold day in H@#l before I pay them a penny more.

Last edited:
Anonymous:
i bought a used machine off ebay for $200 … and still use it?

How do you people buy machines for that much money?
Any credit card processor will program the new machine for you.
REALLY! I paid $50 for my 1st used machine and printer from eBay. It worked for almost 2 years before lightning toasted it. Credit Card company woyuld replace my really old technology for $150. Soooo, I bought a NEW machine on eBay for $85 delivered, and am still going strong. It isn’t a newest generation machine, but it does what I need. Credit Company preferes to make big return on the equipment lease, but will program it and process my oders just the same.

Gotta be casreful you don’t get hosed, but it is a huge payoff for me so far.

Last edited:

my trans 330 was 35.00 and that included a printer
I am going to upgrade but I am going to get it from ebay as well

Last edited:

I have been with RBS Lynk for 7 years in August.

I will tell everyone here:

STAY AWAY FROM LEASES!!! Once I read the Small Print, I wouldn’t sign it. If I won’t sign it WHY would I ask a customer to???

Am I losing money on the front end, as a salesman? Yes! But referrals and my INTEGRITY are more important than “Milk and Bread” money.

For those of you who are tired of the run around with Credit Card Processing companies I am here to help. IF! I do an analysis for you and I can’t help you reduce your fees I will be upfront and Tell you so. But, if I can, I will ask for your business.

Honesty and Integrity is the ONLY way to survive in my Business.

Last edited:

hey scott, I have to say I went with you guys because my bank did a “review” and said wow we can save you tons of cash, I gave them my cc statements and so I switched and I was floored when I got my bill seems we forgot to cover the (LEVEL4 cc that I do or corprate…some reason this is at a higher rate… what they can beat was my seldom used pin…not only that but she had said yes my slide is going to be .07 more BUT I will save more on the back…lol
are we really like shooting fish in a barrel?

Last edited:
REDBARNPIZZA:
hey scott, I have to say I went with you guys because my bank did a “review” and said wow we can save you tons of cash, I gave them my cc statements and so I switched and I was floored when I got my bill seems we forgot to cover the (LEVEL4 cc that I do or corprate…some reason this is at a higher rate… what they can beat was my seldom used pin…not only that but she had said yes my slide is going to be .07 more BUT I will save more on the back…lol
are we really like shooting fish in a barrel?
Forgive me, but you lost me somewhere in translation. Are you saying that you are processing with RBS Lynk? or with your Bank? or is the Bank an RBS Lynk Partner?

Here is my suggestion, If you are set up on Tier 4 Rates call our Customer Service and have a rate review done. Depending upon your Volume and Avg Ticket they may reduce your rates.

As for Tier 4 (level 4 per your post) these are Corporate Transactions. Interchange (the amount EVERY processor owes the Card Issuing Bank) rates on Corprate Transactions are higher because VISA and MC said so. May sound simplistic, but that’s the truth. One reason that I have been told is More people have access to a Corp Card so there is more potential for Fraud. Higher Risk—Higher Rate.

Hope this helps.

If you want, send me your TID number and I will call your rep or CS for you. (Assuming you are with RBS Lynk).

Last edited:

will send tomorrow, yes I am with a bank that partners with you guys

Last edited:

Scott,

Couple of questions…

I am currently with Rbs and have been for probably over 8 years. What I find irritating is every 6 months my rates change and I have to call and get them lowered. They always lower them but it is a pain in the friggin neck and if I forget to look at the statement I get ripped off for a few months. Any way to avoid this?

Also we are on the 4 level tier how do I find out which is more cost effective the tier or per transaction? Do the rates there change to or is it a set fee and percent?

Is there a reason our new location would have slightly lower rates?

Finally, can you tell me a little about gift cards? Is it a per gift card amount? A percentage?

Just so everyone is clear, I am happy with RBS and compared to the other credit card companies we had when we first opened I like doing business with them more. The customer service has always been good when I have encountered a problem or a question. I, at times, feel I am getting ripped off paying around $700 a month in credit card fees.

Anonymous:
Scott,

Couple of questions…

I am currently with Rbs and have been for probably over 8 years. What I find irritating is every 6 months my rates change and I have to call and get them lowered. They always lower them but it is a pain in the friggin neck and if I forget to look at the statement I get ripped off for a few months. Any way to avoid this?

Also we are on the 4 level tier how do I find out which is more cost effective the tier or per transaction? Do the rates there change to or is it a set fee and percent?

Is there a reason our new location would have slightly lower rates?

Finally, can you tell me a little about gift cards? Is it a per gift card amount? A percentage?

Just so everyone is clear, I am happy with RBS and compared to the other credit card companies we had when we first opened I like doing business with them more. The customer service has always been good when I have encountered a problem or a question. I, at times, feel I am getting ripped off paying around $700 a month in credit card fees.
Dear Guest,
Contact me directly and we can discuss.

Every 6 Months, typically April and Oct, VISA and MasterCard raise (or lower (usually raise)) the interchange rates. Depending upon the amount of the increase RBS Lynk determines whether we can absorb the increase or pass it along. Since the increases from V/MC come in several categories we have to increase the cost to our merchants (with a buffer) the buffer is why you can callin and have the rates lowered. Too much to explain in a short answer.

Typically Cost Plus (aka Interchange Plus) is a better pricing program simply because of the buffer I spoke of.

Lower rates on your additional location? Typically, any additional location assumes the existing Rates under the Customer Number. Which leads me to GUESS that your new location has a different Customer Number OR the rates were forced!? I can’t answer that question without more info.

Gift Cards! Excellent Marketing tool and business increaser. Our Gift card program is a “Closed Loop” program. This means that Gift Cards you sell can ONLY be used at your location(s).

Now, having said that, we do have a system to track Gift card sales for Franchises or Multiple Merchants that want to “share” the program. We do the accounting and transfer of funds.

The gift Card fees are 1% on Activation and 5 cents per transaction. When you estimate that 20% of the Gift Cards will never be used and the ones that use gifts cards spend more than the gift card is worth you WILL increase revenue.

Last edited:
Back