Continue to Site

CTX DZ33 pizza oven

as the sel-proclaimed “expert” on CTX ovens, my opinion is quite biased…

I prefer the Gemini 55II over the 33…longer tunnel/more heat zones…

CTX are power monsters…but quite down on 3-phase once cranked…

minimal heat escapes & QUITE operation, as their isn’t a blower…

I put veggie toppings on the sauce, then cheese…can be a bit moist…

They run hotter than many ovens…need a dark disk 4 best results…

Kicks out a NY style pie, if you like or a PJ style…w/differst heat zones will mimic “fingers” on MM…

Gotta find an expert repair guy, as it can be an electrical nitemare…but, it rarely requires maintenance if properly kept up…may short out…expect a $350 bill 2 replace a heating element…

for subs the 33 would be sweet…can run on 208 single phase, but $$$

scared yet?

Last edited:
Hi Red Barn;

The CTX was the first practical conveyor oven on the market. It was purchased in massive quantities by many of the very top chains.

To my knowledge no major chain continues to use that oven. In fact most of the major players are using ovens two generations advanced from the CTX.

I have never had a chain of any size that used CTX and if I recall we have sold only one set many years ago.

That’s all I know about the product as none of our clients are using them.

George Mills

Last edited:
one thing I’ve determined, is the CTX is more versatile for my kitchen needs…we bake subs/kaiser rolls, cooks steaks & burgers, finishes ribs, bakes cinnamon rolls, and a little seafood…the CTX was used in many Red Lobsters and cruise ships…and if needed, all four decks can kick out 120+ pie/hr…so, when I par-bake, I get over 300+ pie/hr - so fast u really can’t catch 'em quick enuf…

I really appreciate the quiteness as well…really hate the roar of the old MM360’s and the hood requirements are not as expensive either…but I wouldn’t by a 33 unless I had a 55 1st…

you can buy a used 55 for a couple of grand & punch out a 60 pie/hr w/o breaking a sweat…

Last edited:
Back