Continue to Site

Deep Dish !! RTU Crust or Make your own

The_Fat_Boy

Who out there sells a thick crust deep dsih

and if so do you buy the rtu crust or make your own

thanks

Last edited:
I make my own deep dish crust. My recipe is the same as my thin crust with the exception of the flour. I use bread flour for my deep dish which gives it a lighter texture and seems to have a better rise to it than the Kyrol high gluten that I use for my thin crust. The Kyrol produced a crust that, while good, was just a little too tough for my liking.

Last edited:
make your own
I assume you have the pans 2" pans or so
try this method- may not work in all pizzerias
take 2 sheets of dough
stack them on top of each other
dock them
align the dough in the pan and around the edges
top it
bake it

Last edited:
We make our own. We used our old sub roll recepie, and changed a few things. Looks and taste like pizza huts.

Last edited:
60.png
scootie:
I make my own deep dish crust. My recipe is the same as my thin crust with the exception of the flour. I use bread flour for my deep dish which gives it a lighter texture and seems to have a better rise to it than the Kyrol high gluten that I use for my thin crust. The Kyrol produced a crust that, while good, was just a little too tough for my liking.
ever use Ceresota flour ?
It is very popular with the deep dish pizza makers in and around Chicago,
Otis

ever use Ceresota flour ?
It is very popular with the deep dish pizza makers in and around Chicago,
Otis
Nope, never heard of it until now. I have been using bread flour from Sam’s Club. It’s about $8.25lb and it’s extremely easy to work with and very forgiving if you add a little too much or too little water and doesn’t seem to get as “tough” as either high gluten or all purpose flour. I will look into the Ceresota though, thanks.

Last edited:
Back