Continue to Site

delivering pizzas sans boxes

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

We have a large school lunch contract. We deliver 2000 pizzas per week(400/day) to 5 different high schools. We have one driver assigned to each school and each driver makes 2-3 runs. In a continued effort to save $, I am looking for any ideas on how our operation could possibley deliver these pizzas without boxes. We currently cut 14" pizzas in boxes and use multiple 7 container and 4 container hot bags. Each driver packs about 80 pizzas on average in his/her car Mon-Fri. Because of our central location and the size of our market, it would be impossible to buy 1 big truck and load and keep them hot and deliver them to all 5 schools at the same time. We need to use our drivers cars and keep the pizzas hot. I buy 2000 boxes a week for this order at $0.31 per box. With our volume, it seems to make sense to buy some type of recycled pan that we could use and load in our hot bags.
Any suggestions?

There’s always clay boxes which are much cheaper/flimsier than corrugated. but you could always pop a lid support for stability.

Last edited:
I used 2 do a par-bake program…

we used to put the pie on a circle, then put 3 box toppers in each pie & stack them 5 high…

these were shrink wrapped & put into a plastic box w/lid…

it was always hard to find replacement boxes, but there out there on the 'net…

scrap the cardboard circles, maybe invest in reusable tins/servers…stack 'em w/the box toppers…vent the lid tho…

prob can find a bag to hold the plastic box…

I’ve also used plastic bread racks for staging…you might consider them

good luck!!!

Last edited:
So, what is your selling price per pizza? size of pizza? slices per pizza? your cost per pizza? I was always curious of getting involved in this side of the business, I just never had any facts to back them up. Any information you provide will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back