Continue to Site

delivery cars

rgjujitsu

Has anyone bought their own? It seems you couldkeep all of your delivery charge to offset and have rolling advertising. What are your thoughts.

Last edited:
We got one… which is an '03 Ford Focus ZX3. Actually going to a lot tomorrow to look for another one. One nice enough to wrap… we just have a magnet and car topper for the Focus (not really worth putting a wrap on it as it’s nearing 300k miles). So yeah… it’s a good idea, go for it 😃

Last edited:
We currently have two. We have had as many as four. We tend to buy used Subaru Outbacks with about 120-140K on them. Reasons why we do it:
  1. We can hire drivers who do not own cars. Greatly increases the pool of potential hires.
  2. We are not dependent upon employees car maintenance practices. (“My car is in the shop so I can’t work…”)
  3. Owned auto insurance coverage includes hired and non-owned and the price is the same as just hired and non-owned.
If we have a high maintenance cost year for the cars we tend to come out about the same in delivery cost as when we paid the drivers to use their own cars. Most years we save money. This includes the cost of buying the cars (less what we can sell them for at 200K miles), all gas, oil, tires and maintenance etc. As I mentioned before insurance is a wash.

We use car toppers. We also had door magnets but they just did not last long.

Last edited:
We pay cash. We generally can find what we want for $3500 - $4000. If I financed them I would have to buy collision which I do not.

Last edited:
Back