Continue to Site

Dine and Dash (Waddle) On Busy Nights

johnmorrison

Switched to counter service, now pay before we cook or serve food and drink. We were getting about 1 dine and dash a week - whole families would go to the ice cream case after eating and order ice cream and just leave instead of going back to their tables and finishing their Housemade ice cream and Paying,now i don’t have to have a suspicious chip on my shoulder awards my customers, with the ice cream setup it made it too easy, at my previous location, i had an occasional dash ( now days it’s more like a waddle !) anyone else struggle with this problem ???

Last edited:
I went to 100% counter service because I had servers who could not get food to the correct table even with large table numbers in plain view. And we only have 8 tables inside.
If I could go fully automated at the service counter, I would do that too!
Pick-up orders, I was seeing upwards of 20 tickets a night with the name “Wireless Caller” on them, so I instructed my kitchen to send those tickets back and refuse to prepare these orders unless there was an entire first and last name on them because so many orders were going to the wrong people for carryout too.

Last edited:
Back