Do I have to log in?

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I noticed that with the new forum I have to log in to view if there are any new messages.
Is there any way around this? Wasn’t like that with the old tank.
Also how about spell check?

I suggest that you log in to view the messages. The new format is making my life easier already, because I read from both work and at home. So now I don’t have to remember what threads I’ve already read. You should be able to setup your browser with the name and password already, so all you have to do is log in.

-Scott

nanas:
I noticed that with the new forum I have to log in to view if there are any new messages.
Nanas, I think the issue you were seeing has been resolved. Previously, the cookie wouldn’t survive closing and reopening the browser, and now it does. Unless you dump your cookies, it appears now that you will automatically re-log on when you visit again. With the old Think Tank software, you (I did anyway) had to verify your information with every post, but the cookie remembered your viewing preferences. Now, all of that should be integrated into the cookie and you shouldn’t have to ever log on again unless you visit from another computer.

Last edited:
60.png
snowman:
nanas:
Nanas, I think the issue you were seeing has been resolved. Previously, the cookie wouldn’t survive closing and reopening the browser, and now it does. Unless you dump your cookies, it appears now that you will automatically re-log on when you visit again. With the old Think Tank software, you (I did anyway) had to verify your information with every post, but the cookie remembered your viewing preferences. Now, all of that should be integrated into the cookie and you shouldn’t have to ever log on again unless you visit from another computer.
I guess I am doing something wrong. I have to log in every time. I didn’t have to with the old one.

Last edited:
russ cox:
60.png
snowman:
nanas:
I guess I am doing something wrong. I have to log in every time. I didn’t have to with the old one.
Yep, you’re right. I thought it had been resolved, but alas, once I close my browser, I have to log on again too.

Last edited:
48.png
snowman:
russ cox:
48.png
snowman:
nanas:
Yep, you’re right. I thought it had been resolved, but alas, once I close my browser, I have to log on again too.
But this is better?

Last edited:
This is one of the details we are working on updating and reworking. Come on Russ, if you really knew how much customized code was written for the old board, you would cut us a little slack while we customize this one too. I won’t lie, I was a big fan of the old format, but as with everything dealing with technology, we have to go kicking and screaming into the future as old programs and codes become obsolete and subject to attack. Would you rather have SPAM to sort through like we started getting on the old board? Anyway, be patient while we customize this board and I assure you you will be pleased once all teh modifications are made.

Anonymous:
This is one of the details we are working on updating and reworking. Come on Russ, if you really knew how much customized code was written for the old board, you would cut us a little slack while we customize this one too. I won’t lie, I was a big fan of the old format, but as with everything dealing with technology, we have to go kicking and screaming into the future as old programs and codes become obsolete and subject to attack. Would you rather have SPAM to sort through like we started getting on the old board? Anyway, be patient while we customize this board and I assure you you will be pleased once all teh modifications are made.
I posted this same message earlier…
"I hate to say it, but I seem to be replying to more questions. Not that I like this format or anything. Must be because I’m still trying to figure everything out. BUT…If they ever make the old format availabe again I will use the old one.

Russ "

I guess even an old dog can learn a new trick…

Russ

Last edited:
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Automatic Logins are now available

Next time you login, please ensure that the “Log me on automatically each visit:” check box is checked.

If you have been reluctant to sign up for an account because of logging in, this new feature makes it so that you only login once. The next time you return to the Think Tank, you will automatically be logged in.

Although it’s not required, creating a user account opens features up that you would otherwise miss, such as the ability to easily see replies relevant to your posts or receive private messages.

If you do have any problems, please check your browser/spyware software’s cookie settings.

PMQ Webmaster

Re: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Automatic Logins are now availabl
60.png
webmaster:
Next time you login, please ensure that the “Log me on automatically each visit:” check box is checked.

If you have been reluctant to sign up for an account because of logging in, this new feature makes it so that you only login once. The next time you return to the Think Tank, you will automatically be logged in.

Although it’s not required, creating a user account opens features up that you would otherwise miss, such as the ability to easily see replies relevant to your posts or receive private messages.

If you do have any problems, please check your browser/spyware software’s cookie settings.

PMQ Webmaster
For the dummies like me, where is that check box at? Haven’t seen it yet…

You’ll find it underneath the username and password box when you are logging in.

PMQ Webmaster

60.png
webmaster:
You’ll find it underneath the username and password box when you are logging in.

PMQ Webmaster
Where?

Last edited:

Thank you

Russ, I believe I had that feature turned off for a moment when you were looking. Please let me know if it is not available to you.

PMQ Webmaster

Back