Continue to Site

Do u Cater?

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
We do lunch catering to work places, whereby we send 2 of our drivers to sell Medium 1-Topping Pizzas for $5.99 each, we also sell salads, lasagna and drinks. We do about 50 pizzas and 2 pans of lasagna, plus 10-12 salads per day.

We net about $370-$400 just from doing this, maybe you should consider sending your guys to do catering to businesses and work places during lunch breaks. Your guys just show up at offices, warehouses, etc and ask if people wanna buy lunch? No worker can resist buying hot food delivered to their work place during their lunch break, trust me.

We’ve been doing this for the past 7 months and have actually managed to create some repeat customers through our lunch catering.

We do Home & Office catering, Hot Trays of Food. We have a separate Catering menu for this. Businesses have meetings once a month and order out for their meetings.

You can put anything on these menu’s you want:

-Pizza
-Subs
-Wraps
-Salads
-Hot Trays

Chicken Parm $35 $70
Chicken Frances $42.50 $80
Chicken Marsala $42.50 $80
Eggplant Parm $30 $55
Eggplant Rolatini $35 $65
Baked Ziti $25 $50
Lasagna $30 $60
Sausage & Peppers $35 $65
Penne Ala Vodka $35 $70
Meatballs $25 $50
Sausages $30 $55
Stuffed Shells $35 $70
Veal Parm $60 $115
Tossed Salad $15 $28
Antipasto Salad $25 $48
Greek Salad $28 $50

1st Price is for a Half Tray
2nd Price is for a Full Tray

We’ve had a lot of success with what we call “lunch lady”. We do basically the same thing but target construction crews working on new homes and large commercial sites.

We do 1-topping 12" pizza and 20 oz soda for $5.

They get to count on her since they can’t leave for lunch - it only took a couple weeks to build up a regular clientel. It more than doubled our lunch sales.

Last edited:
HI TOMMY
GREAT IDEA FOR OUT SIDE ON PREMIS CATERING…CAN YOU PLEASE SHEAD MORE LIGHT ON THIS…HOW DOES YOUR DRIVER KNOW HOW MUCH TO TAKE WITH HIM…
HOW MANY SITES THEY HIT…
ANY TIME WINDOW TO GO …
ANY SPOILAGE OR PROBLEMS WITH THIS CATERING…
DO THEY GO IN FRONT AND ASK FOR THERE BUSSINESS OR IN BACK…
NEED GOOD INFO FROM YOU MY FRIEND LOOK LIKE ITS GREAT IDEA YOU HAVE COME UP WITH
THANKS[/b]

Last edited:
60.png
JAYP:
HI TOMMY
GREAT IDEA FOR OUT SIDE ON PREMIS CATERING…CAN YOU PLEASE SHEAD MORE LIGHT ON THIS…HOW DOES YOUR DRIVER KNOW HOW MUCH TO TAKE WITH HIM…
HOW MANY SITES THEY HIT…
ANY TIME WINDOW TO GO …
ANY SPOILAGE OR PROBLEMS WITH THIS CATERING…
DO THEY GO IN FRONT AND ASK FOR THERE BUSSINESS OR IN BACK…
NEED GOOD INFO FROM YOU MY FRIEND LOOK LIKE ITS GREAT IDEA YOU HAVE COME UP WITH
THANKS[/b]
It takes time to learn the ordering habits of people, when we started this workplace lunch catering, we started doing only pizzas, but as time went by, demand for other items increased (not everybody likes to eat pizza for lunch).

We prep everything the night before and the next day early in the morning, we bake the pizzas, lasagna and put everything in separate containers and put them all in a heated catering bag.

Both of our guys leave our store at exactly 10:45 AM. We are surrounded by many industries, warehouses, high schools, colleges, etc, so it really isn’t hard to find people willing to buy.

From experience, we have noticed that the best time to sell is between 11 AM-1 PM, after that it gets a little bit harder, since people usually take lunch break between 11AM and 1 PM.

They hit different sites, I went to do this a few times in the past and I’ve noticed that if you go to a place (e.g. a warehouse) and you ask the security person what time people take their break, they will be more than happy to tell you. So, once you know, you can come back maybe 1 or 2 times a week and believe me, the workers will buy.

I must tell you, it is important to wear professional attire, preferably uniform and an employee tag and make a sales pitch, because this is not a very known concept of selling lunch.

Remember, the earlier you can get started the better, the longer you wait to get the food out of the kitchen door, the harder it will get trying to sell it. So, make sure it is out by 11 AM.

We have had a few spoilages due to new employees who didn’t know the area very well and in some cases weren’t good sales guys. But it wasn’t a frequent thing, thank God.

Good luck!

THANKS FOR THE FEED BACK… GREAT INFO…
ANY OTHER IDEAS OUT OF YOUR SLEEVE THAT YOU DO FOR INCREASE SALE…PLEASE LET US KNOW…
THANKS
JAYP[/b]

Last edited:
60.png
JAYP:
THANKS FOR THE FEED BACK… GREAT INFO…
ANY OTHER IDEAS OUT OF YOUR SLEEVE THAT YOU DO FOR INCREASE SALE…PLEASE LET US KNOW…
THANKS
JAYP[/b]
Anytime bro, another catering gig is to hook up with churches in your area and offer them discounts they can’t refuse.

You mentioned in one of your posts about splitting the printing cost of box toppers with another business in your area. Can you suggest a name of company that does this and how do we find someone to split up the cost of printing?

Thanks.

HI TOMMY
FOR PRINTING WITH COMMON BUSSINESS THE WAY I JUST DID IT TODAY IS WE HAVE A BANK NEXT TO MY BUSSINESS I HAVE TALK TO THERE MANAGER TO DO ONE SIDE MY PROMO FLYER AND ON OTHER SIDE THERE FLYER ON SAME PAGE…BY DOING THIS
1… THEY HAVE LARGE BUSSINESS PRINTING/COPYING MACHINE ON PREMISE THEY WILL PRINT ME 500 FLYERS A DAY…FREE
2. IN TURN I COMMITED THEM THAT EVERY DAY MY GUYS WILL PLACE THEM IN NEIGHBOURHOOD…AND LOCAL BUSINESSES…
3. THIS WAY WE BOTH SAVE TIME AND MONEY…FOR ME IT SAVES HASSEL OF GOING TO PRINTER… WAIT FOR THEM TO PRINT ON THERE TIME… AND YES MONEY TO PAY THEM…
4. BY DOING THIS WAY I SAVE $ 25 ON EVERY 500 FLYERS THAT BANK WILL GIVE ME A DAY…THATS SAVINGS OF $ 700 A MONTH IN PRINT COST… AND …WHICH ACCOUNTS TO ANNUAL SAVINGS OF $8400…
YOU CAN DO SAME THING WITH ANY BUSINESS IT COULD BE DRY CLEANERS…VIDEO STORE…DOCTORS OFFICE OR YOU NAME IT…AND SHARE A COST FOR PRINTING… IT IS COST SAVING FOR US …[/b]

Last edited:
JAYP

Could you not type in capitals.

It’s hard to read and using caps is a no no in protocol - it means you’re shouting.

Dave

Anonymous:
JAYP

Could you not type in capitals.

It’s hard to read and using caps is a no no in protocol - it means you’re shouting.

Dave
Thanks for your info…I dont mean to shout…
J

Last edited:
http://www.pmq.com/tt/viewtopic.php?t=1867

That was my post from last month. It has a bit of info in it.

I used google and just searched for Pizza. I’m still putting together my menu, but lots of OTHER people already have theirs done. Just look at about 50 different websites, print out what they have. Make up what you want. Cost it out and then create your own menu. That is my plan at least.

Last edited:
Back