Continue to Site

Do you have block pricing? Who is the vendor?

bodegahwy

If you have a block price + increment agreement for cheese prices, please tell us who the vendor is and what region you are located in.

Last edited:
I am trying to work one out with my supplier right now, but they don’t seem to be used to doing it. The main supplier I am going with is Shamrock Foods, I believe they are up in Colorado also, but if they won’t do it I will probably use Roma as well. I really like Shamrock though as I used them for about 10 of the 12 years I had my sports bar, and they are great to work with here in Arizona. I will let you know what winds up happening.

Last edited:
48.png
bodegahwy:
If you have a block price + increment agreement for cheese prices, please tell us who the vendor is and what region you are located in.
I posted a similar thread about a month ago on this. After hearing that others were doing “block plus”, I inquired with my supplier to see what it would take to get on a similar program. Last Friday, my rep got back to me and they agreed to do “block + 10 cents”. I thought she was joking, but I checked this week and my price for Mozz is $1.76 per pound. That is over 50 cents less than what I paid last week.

I think the main thing is persistence and it sure doesn’t hurt to have a secondary supplier. When your suppliers know there are two players in the game, they have a totally different attitude towards pricing. IMHO.

Last edited:
PFS in Atlanta 800-969-0320 they are the old bari company they follow the market weekly for me Angelo is my salesman

Last edited:
48.png
gapizzaman:
PFS in Atlanta 800-969-0320 they are the old bari company they follow the market weekly for me Angelo is my salesman
When I spoke to the Grande distributor for GA, he said Grande does not do block pricing. They must have changed their way of doing business in this now uber-competitive marketplace. Gotta give them a call and find out if I can get in on better pricing.

Last edited:
Back