Does anyone use an air curtain to keep flies, etc out?

Mike

One of our locations is right night to a creek and we have a constant battle with flies an moths late after the sun goes down. We have a fly light w/ sticky pad that gets them all over night after we close, but still have a problem while we’re open. They’re attracted to the light of the store and come in when customers open the front door and when delivery drivers open the back door.

I would like to add air curtains to both doors. My concern is that customers will complain about it on the front door (messing their hair up?). It is a small take out only location so do not have to worry about any dining in issues. Does anyone here use an air curtain? Do you get complaints?

Last edited:
never heard a customer complain about an air curtain in 30 years. doesn’t mean it wont happen tomorrow, but odds are in your favor.

Last edited:
Additionally, you can add some lights to the perimeter of your property, the flying insects will be more attracted to them than the lights of your store.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
We have a couple of locations where they are required on our front door.

I don’t think we have gotten a complaint but it does startle people here and there.

Last edited:
Back