Continue to Site

Does anyone use flash freezing in their central kitchen?

Andrew_Bellucci

Hi, this is my first post on this forum, but I’m not new to pizza. I trained in several popular pizzerias in New York and re-opened Lombardi’s in 1995. Currently I’m in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia where I’ve been contracted to design the kitchen operations for the prototype of a chain of New York Style pizzerias (18" pies, slices). We’ve been open one month and the response has been overwhelming.

We just hired a GM and I’m now concentrating on opening a central kitchen that will provide all supplies to 10 units - to be opened over the next 12-18 months.

I’m considering all options, including flash-freezing pre-formed dough skins and delivering those to the stores where they will be dressed and baked. I’ve never used a flash-freezer, so my question is:

Can anyone who has real-world experience with this point me in the right direction?

Thanks for reading, and I’ll leave you with an article that came out last week - so far the press has been great.

http://theyumlist.blogspot.com/sear...:00+08:00&max-results=1&start=4&by-date=false

Last edited:
Andrew;
There are a number of questions to be asked in answering your question so it would be best for you to contact me directly at 800-633-5137 (ext. 165) if you would like to discuss this in greater detail.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Andrew;
Please keep in mind that we are on central time (Manhattan, Kansas) and that I am here at the office until 4:00 p.m.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back