Doyon PIZ-3. Anybody around DC have one?

saltydog

Hi Everyone,
I just discovered this forum. What an amazing resource. I'm opening a funky beer garden concept and we're thinking of playing with my hometown's real number one pizza, Chicago tavern-style. While this won't be the focus of our food, we anticipate it'll be a heavy hitter. Given some of the constraints of the space, we're limited to electric ovens only and nothing wider than 40" to fit on our line.

I stumbled upon the Doyon PIZ-3 and was wondering first off if people have recent experience with them. I couldn't find anything within the last decade searching the forum. I know that cooking with convection/impingement won't give me the same perfect tavern crust as a deck, but I'm more curious to know people's experience with operation.

Second, is anyone using an electric piz-3 or piz-6 within a couple hundred miles of DC? And if yes, would you be willing to host a visitor sometime soon to try making a couple of pizzas?

Thanks in advance, everyone. And my apologies for what I imagine is my clear ignorance.

Back