Continue to Site

Durian available?

Missy_PMQ

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone seen any food distributors making durian available to put on pizza? It’s the latest craze in China, even Pizza Hut is doing it now.

I tried some when PMQ visited Shanghai for the Chinese Pizza Championships and I wrote about it on Pizza Without Borders here. I thought it was delicious, something like pineapple and horseradish put together.

Last edited:
I tried to search the US Foods website for it and got this message: We did not find any matches for “durian”, but we did find the following matches for “drain”

Last edited:
I tried to search the US Foods website for it and got this message: We did not find any matches for “durian”, but we did find the following matches for “drain”
Lol! Ok, so clearly not. Yeah it’s looking like only certain grocery stores which cater to ethnic groups have it. I wonder if it will become popular in America. As far as I know right now it is only grown in Thailand and Malaysia and China is importing the heck out of it.

Last edited:
Ha!
in my area, Romano cheese is too exotic for most. I do not see Durian being a popular item here

Last edited:
Back