E-Z AIRE Heat Exchanger Series 70 High Efficiency (EZA-1570)?

Discussion in 'The Think Tank' started by famousperry, Jul 16, 2019.

1. famousperry

famousperry Active Member

I know it does not seem like this belongs here, but thought somebody might be able to help (George Mills?)

This thing is hanging in the drop ceiling of my dining room for years without being used...can anyone tell me what exactly its purpose is. From what I can tell there is a return grille connected to it which I assume takes the air from the dining room and vents it to the outside. I do have a conventional HVAC system but just wondering how this can help if anyone has any ideas...thanks!

2. George Mills

George Mills Well-Known Member

The unit is a make up air system it brings in tempered air from the outside and expels inside air . I cannot guess as to why its there if you have a HVAC system.

3. famousperry

famousperry Active Member

Hi George! Appreciate the reply! If I can remember correctly the Bldg Dept forced us to add this to provide make up air to the dining room (we have a separate unit in the kitchen). There is only one duct line with one opening inside and one grill to the outside. So I guess the air goes in & out through the same line. Will follow up with a local HVAC company to see if this will benefit our existing heating/cooling system in the dining room.