Continue to Site

Edge 40 Ovens

Steve

Over the past two weeks I’ve been working on different finger profiles in our edge ovens. If tried many different variations with my latest being the original from our install:
1/2 (Block left/open right)
Block
1/2 (Open Left/Block right)
Finish
-475 for 5:55

All open on the bottom. I can’t seem to get the crispy crust I had with this configuration, the problem with this one was there was too much radiating heat on top slightly burning:

1/4 (Open left/block 3/4 right)
Block
Block
1/2 (block left/open right)

All open bottom.

450 for 5:55

In our Lincoln Impinger oven at our other location we are set and cooking perfect at:

Block
Finish
Block
1/2 (block left/open right)

All open on bottom
480 for 5:30

Times are coincidental at 5:55 for the edge oven and I’m not against slowing them down further but 450 seems like a really low temp to me.

Any advice would be appreciated. I have a full compliment of different finger inserts to use 1/4’s 1/3’s 1/2’s finishers and blocks.

Thanks,

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I asked mike French at Edge to respond to your problem see below

I spoke with a guy this morning and it turned out he had his fingers in the wrong locations. If he is still having problems I would recommend increasing the temperature and possible removing some air from the top if he notices the top getting too dark. Typically Temperature = Color and Time = Done. I would be happy to talk with him if he is still having a baking problem. [email protected]

Last edited:
I asked mike French at Edge to respond to your problem see below

I spoke with a guy this morning and it turned out he had his fingers in the wrong locations. If he is still having problems I would recommend increasing the temperature and possible removing some air from the top if he notices the top getting too dark. Typically Temperature = Color and Time = Done. I would be happy to talk with him if he is still having a baking problem. [email protected]
I’ve been in constant contact with Mike and Adam over the past 10 days or so. I was just hoping to gain another opinion or two on finger placement. They’ve been great to work with, but I just can’t seem to get dialed in properly. I did have one of the 1/2’s facing the wrong way with the block/open and that got the ovens back to consistent cooking between two. Thanks for the reply George.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back