Continue to Site

Employee Polices (again)... this is the end, i swear :)

Integraoligist

Well i’m finally finalizing the polices and have come to the last page where the employee signs. And what I have found are 2 totally different (i think) endings. Here are each of them:

The simple one, binding “contract” style i guess
I have read and understand all of the above Absence & Lateness, Statement of Loss Prevention Responsibilities, Dress Code, Delivery, and Compensation & Taxes policies. I agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as part of my employment obligation.

Employee Signed
Witness (Manager) Signed

And the the longer one that states this is absolutley no contract
This is to acknowledge that I have received a copy of “NAME” Employee Handbook, which has a revision date of 08/2009 and supersedes any other Handbooks or policies I may have received during my employment. I understand that this Handbook is intended to serve as a guide to “NAME” policies, procedures, and benefits, and that all policies, procedures, and benefits described in the Handbook are at all times subject to modification by the Company.
I acknowledge that nothing contained in the Handbook creates a binding contract and that my employment is at-will, which means that it is for no set period of time and may be terminated by me or the Company at any time with or without cause. Nothing shall have the effect of changing the at-will status of my employment other than a written agreement signed by me and the General Manager of the Company specifically changing that status.

Employee Signed
Witness (Manager) Signed

So all-in-all, which should be the one to use? and why?

Thanks again all!

Last edited:
Check with you states department of labor for “terms of employment” requirements. I would suggest a form that reads similar to you second one, but also contains all the info required by the dol. In our state that is rate of pay, when and how checks are distributed, scheduled hours, etc etc. have employee and supervisor sign, place in employee file.
I qualify this suggestion by stating I have no legal experience and the only HR experience is running my little pizza shop. I am not an expert but play one on the net sometimes.

Last edited:
Back