Continue to Site

evaporated milk in dough

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

Hi guys, thank you for the responses about the butter in the dough… we are in teh middle of trying to improve our current though and are trying to come up with ideas… i still havent found a specifictly what the butter does in the dough… also i have another question… anyone uses evaporated milk in the dough? and if yes, what does it do to the dough… thanks in advance

will aid in the browning of the dough…

IMHBCO - quit messing with the basic principles of the dough ingredients…concentrate on doing it right & letting it “age” a few days before you use it…we don’t use our dough until the 3rd day…if storage is an issue, consider as some are doing here, making a “poolish” (sp?) style of dough so that develops better flavor…

Remember, your flavor profile depends not only on the crust, but the sauce & the cheese…make sure your dough is proofed and not super cold when stretching/baking…

Increase the baking time and lower the temp to improve your flavor…

We’re up to 9 min bake time on our Noah’s Ark ovens - it it still kicks a$$ after 20yrs of service

Last edited:
RaymiR:
i still havent found a specifictly what the butter does in the dough…
Since butter is solid at room temperature, it will tend to make alternating layers of gluten and fat which will make a dough more “flaky” - at least, that is the idea with pasty doughs. I don’t know if that is the effect in a pizza dough.* Liquid oils seep throughout the flour phase, so they make a more tender dough that will rise a bit more which is why they aren’t very good in pastries.

*I’d direct the butter question at Tom Lehmann for a definitive answer.

Last edited:
guys thank you for the info… my brother in law was curious to find out about the effect of butter and evaporated milk in the dough… thanks again for all the help

Back