Continue to Site

excel, I $u(k at excel

tguag

so my pos system spits out a customer list for me except it puts the address numbers and street names in two separate columns. Is their a way for me to combine the two columns without losing the data? i see you can combine columns but i always lose the info from one.

Last edited:
Use the concantenate function

Let’s say column A is street numbers and column B is street names
and you want column C to be a combination of the two.
Type =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1) into cell C1 this should work
then copy and paste the formula all the way down column C

Paul

Last edited:
48.png
tguag:
so my pos system spits out a customer list for me except it puts the address numbers and street names in two separate columns. Is their a way for me to combine the two columns without losing the data? i see you can combine columns but i always lose the info from one.
Why are you wanting to join them… You can use a mail merge function when you print them out…

Last edited:
Royce is right too. There’s no need to separate them. It’s easier to sort the data by street with the data in both columns.

Paul

Last edited:
48.png
jackaloo:

Paul
Never heard of this function…I can see some uses for it…Thanks for the info…

Last edited:
48.png
jackaloo:

Paul
OMG I would kiss you if i knew you were a hot chick! this is gonna help me so much. i have been trying to figure that out for months!

I ask because i wanna use vista print to send out Christmas cards and they only accept addresses in one column.

Last edited:
48.png
tguag:
48.png
jackaloo:

Paul
OMG I would kiss you if i knew you were a hot chick! this is gonna help me so much. i have been trying to figure that out for months!

I ask because i wanna use vista print to send out Christmas cards and they only accept addresses in one column.
You send out Christmas cards “bulk mail”…are they “hand signed”?..IMO real stamps and real ink will give you a better return on your investment…

Last edited:
48.png
royster13:
48.png
tguag:
48.png
jackaloo:

Paul

You send out Christmas cards “bulk mail”…are they “hand signed”?..IMO real stamps and real ink will give you a better return on your investment…
its more of a happy holidays here is a few special coupons flyer. but hand written may be a better idea for out most loyal customers…thanks for the idea!

Last edited:
I didn’t know it until last night, I figured it could be done and googled it. I’m pretty good with excel though. BTW you can also do it in reverse -Split the complete address in two - with the “text to columns” in the data menu.

Paul

Last edited:
Got another brain buster for yall…

my girlfriend knows a little about excel and helped me make this cost analysis card and i love it it works very well. take a look and feel free to use it yourself. my question is…is their a way to make a master list of ingredients that i can link the same ingredients in different cost cards so when prices change they will chance in every cost card that ingredient pops up in. so i don’t have to through each card and change the prices one by one. i have a lot of cards done already they each have their own sheet in a single file i’m hoping to make one sheet a mater list and link everything off of that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhCwlGbS6Og2dGJDbE1DWWtMSl9YODQzckF3Y3R3d3c&usp=sharing

Last edited:
Tguag,

I would put all of the ‘cost cards’ in one excel workbook as separate worksheets. Then make a separate worksheet for your master ingredients list. Go to each of your cost cards and link back the ‘cost’ column to master worksheet.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
48.png
MSPW11:
Tguag,

I would put all of the ‘cost cards’ in one excel workbook as separate worksheets. Then make a separate worksheet for your master ingredients list. Go to each of your cost cards and link back the ‘cost’ column to master worksheet.

Hope that helps.
yeah that’s what i have set up just dont know how to link it. (i am useless when it comes to excel)

Last edited:
Tho I don’t use GoogleDocs, on excel, if I recall correctly, on the worksheet you wish to keep ‘updated’, the cells are linked by using the ‘=’ and linking/clicking on the original cell you wish to keep sync with…

Last edited:
Patriot'sPizza:
Tho I don’t use GoogleDocs, on excel, if I recall correctly, on the worksheet you wish to keep ‘updated’, the cells are linked by using the ‘=’ and linking/clicking on the original cell you wish to keep sync with…
Patriot is right. Just use the ‘=’ in the ‘cost’ cell on the cost card and then go back to the master worksheet and click on the cell that you want to link.

Let me know if you have any troubles with it.

John

Last edited:
ive been working on this all day…it’s coming along nicely.

thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
Back